Complete France Forum

Sun at last but weather last thing on my mind

mint

Here was I in my innocense having no thought for anything other than that the weather is sunny at last.

Then, wham, OH said at breakfast that there is news of Israel wanting to attack Iran.  I turned to the internet, for once not just to catch up on the forum and, sure enough, there are threats from Israel about the bombing of Iranian nuclear sites as "unavoidable".

Unavoidable!  Is there no choice in the matter then?[:(]

But as McCain is alleged to have said "I hate war" (but then Iraq and Afghistan are not wars, are they ?) will it last ?

As you can see I consider the US presidential election a foregone conclusion. How on earth did the Democrats saddle themselves with 2 front runners each of whom is unacceptable to large parts of the electorate - but that's another story.

John

Iceni, it's scary, the amount of baggage that goes with being president of the US.

But, what I want to know is, who's going to stand up to Israel?  Is there a candidate out there who has the guts to say, "Enough already, guys.  Let's look at what's fair out here in the Middle East!"

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Iceni, it's scary, the amount of baggage that goes with being president of the US.

But, what I want to know is, who's going to stand up to Israel?  Is there a candidate out there who has the guts to say, "Enough already, guys.  Let's look at what's fair out here in the Middle East!"

[/quote]

All it needs is for,

U.S.A.to stop pumping money and arms into Israel

And there I was at an English garden party in the middle of France, with not a care in the world, completely unaware that we were in melt down.  Ignorance, as they say, is bliss.

P.S. I managed to buy 45 English books and so I shall be busy for the next month (or so)....

And I have a 2547 videos (with no video recorder to watch them....)

WBB - I know that you were pulling my leg but where I live, there's few English people and even fewer English books.  I couldn't believe it when I found an English book stall at a garden party and so I had to stock up.

Sweet17, I assume you think Iran having  nuclear weapons a good thing? Just last week Iran said they want to obliterate Israel, now Israel may bomb their nuclear weapons. I would love to know what you would do if you were Israel in this situation. [blink]

5-element, thank you for the link.  It wasn't what I had access to and, you're right, it pretty frightening.

WJT, I do think that we should be past this whose going to start a war first.  Who can gain in a war?  Even if you are the victor, as we were arguably in Baghdad, what kind of pyrrhic victory is that?

The way forward has got to be political.  Churchill was way ahead of his time when he said that jaw-jaw was preferable to war-war.

Archived