Complete France Forum

dunno how to do it

Frenchie

Maybe this is a stupid question but here goes..

I got a pic I like, Id like to print it and give it to my parents, but there's a guy on the left , which spoils the pic, is there any way to sort of transform it ?? Of course I want to keep the boat behind..

Oh I feel so dumb !! [:$][:$]

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/Loanabateauxf.jpg[/IMG]

Télécharger for free Picasa2 which is the free Google photo service.  It's REALLY easy to crop a photo unlike Photoshop that I found difficult to grasp, especially not having the time to spend on it. On Picasa you can make many 'tweeks' and effects to the image.

http://picasa.google.fr/download/index.html

Assuming that you are using Windows, it goes like this:

Right click on the picture file & select Open With > Paint from the pop-up menu

Use the Select tool (dotted rectangle, top right in the toolbox) to select the area you want to keep.

Select Copy from the Edit menu

Select New from the File menu -- if it asks about saving say No

When a new, blank file opens select Paste from the Edit menu

If you have a surplus white area below or to the right, just click on the bottom right hand corner of the white area and drag it up to the corner of your picture.

Select Save As from the File menu and give it a new name, so that the original is still available.

It took me a lot longer to type it than to do it. 

Thanks to you all , really, and thanks albert the InfoGipsy ( what a long name![:)] ), really nice from you..

I'll try all the other " tricks" too,  just to try with other pics...

MERCI BIEN !!

This site is so helpful, and little Loana says thanks too !!

You're very welcome Frenchie.

Thanks Albert, to be honest it needs a bit higher resolution image (for my skills anyway) to do anything much better. The version I did was a bit crude and would have been a bit easier with some bigger  areas of the surrounding scene to sample the cloning from.

Archived