Complete France Forum

Mamma Mia That was good!!

Jacqui      Too

I have just been to see the film 'Mamma Mia' and just wanted to say how good it was. I have not laughed so much at the cinema since Bridget Jones.

I can highly recommend it to anyone (mostly us girls) wanting  a good laugh. Meryl Streep was wonderful and sang beautifully, Julie Walters was a hoot as usual, but for the girls Peirce Brosnan, Colin Firth really made the film (opposite side of the spectrum from James Bond and D'arcy) and didn't mind making fools of themselves dress in Abba skin tight cat suits[:-))][:-))] Colin Firth has a lovely voice and can serenade me anytime (only he turns out to be gay   [:(]) missing word can be found if you change the colour of the text! (don't want to spoil the end!!)

Certainly one for the CD collection, when its out

I'm an Abba fan anyway and the music  was fantastic, had my foot tapping all the way through.[:D][:D] Taking another friend again next week! well I am a bit of a film addict.

I presume you saw it in Shropshire and not the Dordogne as I've been keeping a careful eye on the listings around here (I'm on email alert each week for the programme). I'd love to see it but I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD, Christmas release maybe?

Colin Firth [:-))]

[quote user="Lisleoise"]I presume you saw it in Shropshire and not the Dordogne as I've been keeping a careful eye on the listings around here (I'm on email alert each week for the programme). I'd love to see it but I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD, Christmas release maybe?

Colin Firth [:-))]
[/quote]

Well I am spoilt for choice here (Shropshire, I live right on the welsh border) so easiest to get to is Wrexham, multi screen so you get a huge choice[:D]

'Lisleoise' I know you love horses, I have just spent last weekend at the 'Parreli' UK conference at the NEA Birmingham, It was spectacular, makes you look at horses in a totally different light! going to get a 'Carrot stick' and a swishy rope when I come back from my hols.

Oh the Colin Firth thing, you wait till you hear him sing[kiss]

Yes it is FANTASTIC.  I went to see it last night as a birthday night out with the girls (i.e. a couple of glasses of pink water before hand!)  I haven't laughed and cried so much for ages.  Meryl Streep is brilliant, and Julie Walters is hysterical.  I want to see it again!  I used to hate Abba first time round - they were so uncool.  Now they are UBER cool!  I am going to have to get an Abba CD so I can sing and dance along all day!

Jacqui Too - I have seen a few of the Parelli dvds, and a friend of mine has been to the NEC conference twice.  I have seen Monty Roberts a few times.  Natural Horsemanship really is unbelievable and does make you see horses in a totally different light

How can any one say Abba are " Cheesy " Their music is still going strong and always used to get a party moving. I defy any one to listen to their music and not feel happy and start foot tapping. I have always been a very big fan and even youngsters nowadays admit to liking them. Yes, the costumes were OTT but then we are going back quite a few years and were OK at the time. I will look forward to buying the DVD when it comes out and to all of you who are lucky enough to see it now...enjoy.

Archived