Complete France Forum

Dreams

Frenchie

I ve had a strange dream last night.

I was in Jerusalem.  It was a very long dream. When I told it to my son, in the morning, he was amazed by the numerous details ..

I ve just had a nap, I had a dream...  Jerusalem again... Long dream again..

Isn't that strange??

I remember watching a UK TV show back in the 80's, perhaps Horizon or something similar.  It was about sleep and dreams, and had a piece about what they then called cognitive dreaming, but is now usually called lucid dreaming.  It's the state where you realise that you are dreaming, and are able to control the path that your dream takes.

They had invited 4 men, who all regularly had lucid dreams, to take part in an experiment in a sleep lab.  The lab was opposite a park, and they told all of the men that, if they experienced a lucid dream the following night, they were all to go to the park (in their dream) and stand under a certain tree.

The next morning, 3 of the men all had the same story to tell, that they had experienced a lucid dream that night, had gone to the tree in the park (in their dreams), and had met up with 2 others from the experiment group.  The 4th guinea-pig reported that he hadn't experienced a lucid dream that night. In the other 3 dreamer's accounts of their dream, the 4th man was the only one missing from under the tree.

How weird is that [:-))]

Yes, it is very weird indeed...

Long ago I ve had "premonitive dreams" ( is that how you say in English?? In French it 's " rêve prémonitoire " ) .

One example ...I had a dream about one of my uncles that I had not seen for years, and we very rarely talked about him. We got a phone call the next morning that he had died that night. [blink] I must add that that same night, my dad also dreamt about him...

But Jerusalem last night and this afternoon...... WHY ??

Those dreams leave me with a strange feeling I can't explain. Everything was so ..real, there were so many details, people , roads, houses, families, conversations, it all ended last night when a little boy at the back of a bus wrote down in the steam on the bus window in capital letters " P E A C E    N O W "  .

I must add I ve not watched the news these past few days, ( my boy plays too much console I think... [:$]) , I don't know anbything about the situation there these days.

I ve been to Israel in 2006 , in Natanya, not Jerusalem.  

Perhaps you are getting anglicised, Frenchie. 

http://www.answers.com/topic/anglicisation

Jerusalem is an English anthem.  It is the hymn of the Women's Institute and is supposedly the hymn of choice for ex-patriates around the world.

http://www.icons.org.uk/theicons/collection/jerusalem

It was written by William Blake, about the possibility that J-C was brought to England by Joseph of Arimathea.

http://www.comparative-religion.com/articles/joseph_of_arimathea.php

thanks really Cat and Cathy, I ve explored your links and will do it again later on, really interesting to me, even spooky......

I showed them to my son, he was, just like me, speechless and wide eyed. 

This morning , when I told him about my dream, he said " that s incredible, it's so long and so detailed !"   It took me about half an hour to tell him... [blink]

• 3 months later...
[quote user="Frenchie"]

One example ...I had a dream about one of my uncles that I had not seen for years, and we very rarely talked about him. We got a phone call the next morning that he had died that night. [blink]

[/quote]

I really should read these posts more carefully.

I read it quickly

'We got a phone call the next morning from him that he had died that night.'  [:-))]

Archived