Complete France Forum

A long week end in London

Frenchie

HELP !

I want to organize a trip ( a long week end : Friday /sat/sund/ maybe monday ) to London in february, with 33 students aged 18 to 20 ( BTS students).

Any ideas about the cheapest jourtney ? is it possible to book 37 seats on the same Ryanair aircraft ?

Where to stay  ( youth hostels etc..)

I thought some of you might have great ideas..

Thanks in advance.

Best regards 

Régine .

Hi Régine,

here is a good place. Youth hostel in (quite) central London in a very nice location

http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/london/hostels/london-holland-park/index.aspx

I stayed there a long time ago when I was a youth!

Its probably a good idea to call them up if you would like to make a booking - 37 is a large number but they must be used to groups travelling.

I would imagine that it is best to call the airlines. Don't forget the cost of getting in to town from the airport 25 - 30 GB£ each person.

You could consider the train. If you can get a good price and it is convenient it will take you right in to central London - St Pancras. One underground journey from there to Holland Park - High St Kensington Station. Sorry to plan your whole trip but I lived in London quite some time!

Danny

Oh great ideas from you all !!

I will try and find a site for Holland Park Youth hostel, and consider the train or national coaches, I think there's one leaving Poitiers, which is easily accessible from where I am .

Most of those students have never been to England, and they re so excited about the idea !

Merci beaucoup à vous tous!!!

Best regards, Régine .

PS I'll keep you informed .

Régine, I did put a link in the earlier post. It does say it is suitable for groups. Here is the page again

http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/london/hostels/london-holland-park/travel_info.aspx

and here is the page with all the contact details for YHA

http://www.yha.org.uk/contact-us/    

Group Reservations

Telephone: 01629 592700
Fax: 01629 592701 
Email:groupreservations@yha.org.uk

- best by telephone I think.

Train Poitiers - Paris then Eurostar to London ??

Good luck - 37!

Danny

[quote user="Jane and Danny"]

Hi Régine,

here is a good place. Youth hostel in (quite) central London in a very nice location

http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/london/hostels/london-holland-park/index.aspx

I stayed there a long time ago when I was a youth!

Its probably a good idea to call them up if you would like to make a booking - 37 is a large number but they must be used to groups travelling.

I would imagine that it is best to call the airlines. Don't forget the cost of getting in to town from the airport 25 - 30 GB£ each person.

You could consider the train. If you can get a good price and it is convenient it will take you right in to central London - St Pancras. One underground journey from there to Holland Park - High St Kensington Station. Sorry to plan your whole trip but I lived in London quite some time!

Danny

[/quote]

There is also a new YHA near Oxford St, in Bolsover St, just up the road from where I used to  live.  Called in one day to get prices, but didn't succeed, but is probably on the yha site.  Might be a good back up.

[quote user="Jane and Danny"]

Régine, from the YHA London Central  hostel (Bolsover St) page:

YHA London Central is not equipped for groups - for group bookings please contact YHA Thameside or YHA Holland Park.

might not be right for 37!

Danny

[/quote]

Thanks for putting me right - I did check the site before I left London, but only back online yesterday so no time to refind before I posted my reply.  There is also a YHA at St Pancras, but again, I don't know whether that does groups.  (Never needed to know that information as I lived there!!).

Archived