Complete France Forum

Return from the wilderness

powerdesal

Hi All,

A welcome return from the wilderness of no internet.

After 2 months without internet or landline due to the ****** service from Neuf Telecom we are back with France Telecom and can communicate with the World.

I am also back in the U.A.E, this time in Fujeirah not Sharjah, new job, new company, but single status (you cant have everything - you wouldn't know where to put it).

I hope to while away the boring evenings catching up on all the forum stuff, TV is cr*p and I am living in a hotel apartment so theres not much else to do other than drink or go to the gym.

regards to everyone.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Couldn't be more boring than Wheelchair City on a Sunday could it?[:P][:D]

[/quote]

Welcome back powerdesal. We were thinking of changing to guess who? to save a few cents so that's put an end to that then.

Good to see you back cooperlola. Wheelchair city sounds just like Sunday morning down the front at Les Sables d'Olonnne which is where we spend a lot of our time. It's at least returned to normal after all the Yachties have packed up and gone. Last Sunday was quite something for all of those that set sail with many returning to port within a day or so.

If anyone wants to keep up with the Vendée Globe race you can log onto the official race site or you can view a summary at in the vendée.com

http://www.inthevendee.com/

Sorry you'll have to cut and paste.

Hi there, Steve!  Have been wondering where you'd got to and I thought that perhaps you'd got too mean and powerful and rich earning all them dollars to bother with us anymore!

How's you's keeping; I mean apart from all that stuff you used to tell us about: the quaffing of champagne, the plasma TV, the room service, etc, ad nauseum.

At least you no longer have to bring the logs in for the fire, eh!

I would have retired given half a chance but ..... Le Credit Crunch and stock market falls made working the only option, plus when a company offers you a very good deal on a 20 month contract it seems logical to take it. They recruited me I had never even thought of them.

Its cunningly disguised as a sea water reverse osmosis plant to help provide clean water for the population and gross profits for the investors. Cynical - me, never.

Siting in a hotel room doesn't fill me with joy when SWMBO is complaining of the cold in Normandy.

Keep up the recovery Coops, everyone is rooting for you.

Archived