Complete France Forum

Do computers feel the cold?

mint

Mine is the French "free" version of Avast.

Sweet 17, no not you but the voice coming out of my computer, regarding speaking in French I found in my early days that computer speak was one of the easiest as most French It or computer bods are used to the English phrases on most software packages that they use, now the problem for me is as always computer gobbledegook as opposed to the French language.

I even got a call on Christmas day to translate for a French friend who could not understand the error message they wer getting trying to load a game on their daughters DS or Wee or whatever they called it.

Sue

I have tried what you suggested, the menus are in French but I have no fear now [:D] I will find out soon if it has worked, thank you very much!

I switched on the communal PC for the gites the other day and as I turned the monitor on (old 15" CRT screen) it made a really loud CRACK noise and shot a mini bolt of lightning out of the grill on the top.

When I come out from behind the sofa, I found the monitor was dead, apart from making a clicking noise every 2 seconds. I believe the cold and humidity got to it as its located in an unheated, uninsulated building. For now, it has an old blanket over it when not in use to protect it, and once the last set of guests leave, I will pack it up and store it in my house.

Cold on its own generally isnt too bad or electronic stuff, but if there is a chance of humidity, condensation or any other damp conditions then you can have problems.

Archived