Complete France Forum

Shhhh!, don't say this out load but.........

Bugsy

[quote user="suein56"]
Edit: Jacqui Too beat me to it.
Sue [blink]
[/quote]

I have a vista gadget on my desk top (well several actually) one being the £/€ exchange rate.

2 of the others are the weather with temps: one for here in my home town (UK) which at the mo is -4 [:(] and one for our nearest commune to our house in France and it is only +1 there!!

[quote user="Jacqui Too "]

I have a vista gadget on my desk top (well several actually) one being the £/€ exchange rate.

2 of the others are the weather with temps: one for here in my home town (UK) which at the mo is -4 [:(] and one for our nearest commune to our house in France and it is only +1 there!!

[/quote]

Same gadgets as we have Jacqui - except ours hit -8 this morning [blink]

[quote user="BIG MAC"]How does one avail ones-self of said Vista gadget?[/quote]

First click on start button, then programs then accessories, then find windows side bar, click on it to open and it should appear (mine opens on the right hand side of the desk top) find the add button (+ sign) and a box appears for you to choose your 'gadgets'.

I have clock, calender, exchange rate and two weathers one set for home and one set for our locality in France. oh and I sometimes play the jigsaw thingy!

I think they take up quite a bit of memory so be careful how many you get! (well thats what my daughter told me so I stand to be corrected on that one)

Hope that helps, its how my vista works anyway [:)]

I think it's the relative position of the UK compared with Europe.  The mainland European economy is struggling but the ECB has refrained from cutting it's rates - and the view is that they will have to.  This will make the euro less attractive compared to the £.

Archived