Complete France Forum

speed cameras UK

krusty

Speed Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that, following the UK Government's freedom of information act,

you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months..

Di d you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1 mph over the set limit, it is registered onto a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or (this is the bit I didn't know), if you receive over 10 near misses,

you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done at 34 mph in a 30 mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:
http://www.i-database.co.uk
You will be asked for a password but just click on the need a Password link and you will be given one for future use.
Or just enter your car registration.  If there is any data on your vehicle, click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

Hope this is useful.

I just checked my old UK reg , (it has been French reg fo 3 years now) , and it came up as speeding in February ? .....it was not until I checked the photo I could see it was not my car.

[quote user="baypond"][quote user="krusty"]I did a search to see if it had been on here before but could not find it , I must practice my search skills more [:$][/quote]

Clair will catch you out more times than a gatso....

[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="Dog"]

Did you realise that with Gatsos you can apply to see the photos they have taken.

You may pass these many times in a day -  if everyone asked for the photos the system would collapse.

[/quote]

Only before you have a court date.

[quote user="teapot"][quote user="Dog"]

Did you realise that with Gatsos you can apply to see the photos they have taken.

You may pass these many times in a day -  if everyone asked for the photos the system would collapse.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not quite - Gatsos take pictures of every car that passes.

[quote user="Dog"][quote user="teapot"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not quite - Gatsos take pictures of every car that passes.

[/quote]Can you quote your authority for this as I think it is highly improbable.

Look at the sheer numbers on a busy inner city street for a start, also, without the flash in many instances there will not be enough light

to get a readable picture, and what about night time. Are you claiming that there is an infra red source and camera too ?

It this were true then I can't believe that there would not have been a public outcry.

EDIT:

Nothing about this on the actual Gatso site

You're both partly right.

Gatso cameras have a film and can only take up to 400 shots...

Specs cameras are the ones that record every vehicle, day or night. They work in pairs and are not triggered by speed, like 'flash' cameras.

SOURCE

On another forum, a member in NW England received a speeding ticket the other day. The ticket said he was doing 138 mph, which seemed a little odd as he drives a superannuated Mercedes van! On enquiring to Plod, they admitted that this camera - type not divulged, sadly - had been misfiring all day, and he had nothing to answer. Another forum member suggested he should have asked for it to be 140 mph "'cos I'm trying to sell it"!

[quote user="Âme"]

You're both partly right.

Gatso cameras have a film and can only take up to 400 shots...

Specs cameras are the ones that record every vehicle, day or night. They work in pairs and are not triggered by speed, like 'flash' cameras.

SOURCE

[/quote]

Some Gatsos are digital.

Archived