Complete France Forum

The next PM?!

WJT

Just watched an interview with Daniel Hannan that made a speech yesterday at the EU confronting Gordon Brown. There is a lot of interest on his speech on YouTube just after one day and some are even saying he could be the next PM. When asked this he just laughed and said he could never become PM but interesting nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94lW6Y4tBXs

Stirring stuff.

Churchillian in its prose.

Delivery could have been improved but Daniel Hannan has time - some of Churchill's finest speeches were when he had grey hair.

I assume that Gordon Brown had the right of reply. How did he respond, I wonder?

[quote user="Cathy"]

Stirring stuff.

Churchillian in its prose.

Delivery could have been improved but Daniel Hannan has time - some of Churchill's finest speeches were when he had grey hair.

I assume that Gordon Brown had the right of reply. How did he respond, I wonder?

[/quote]

Sorry Claire, I missed that. It was kind of you to say snap considering you were many hours ahead of me.[:D]

Cathy I agree, considering he is 37 years old he probably has a little time to improve as well as turn grey.[:)]

I think he has definitely hit a nerve and is saying what a lot of the public have been thinking and very worried about. Nail on head in my opinion. Unfortunately it doesn't make what is happening very easy to swallow at the moment.[:(]

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="LyndaandRichard"]I thought this was going to be about Private Messerging, :([/quote]
Did you mean private massaging?[;-)]

Why didn't this come from David Cameron, the leader of the official opposition?
[/quote]

Because poor old Cameron has only just returned to being in the public eye after an official period of mourning for his son who died recently.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="LyndaandRichard"]I thought this was going to be about Private Messerging, :([/quote]

Did you mean private massaging?[;-)]

Why didn't this come from David Cameron, the leader of the official opposition?

[/quote]

Hvaing a lot of pblroms selpinlg plropey ltlaey. Msut be at taht sagte in lniaerng Fcernh wehre the two luagngaes mgere and nitnohig mkaes any sesne.

[quote user="sweet 17"][quote user="Clair"]Why didn't this come from David Cameron, the leader of the official opposition?[/quote]Because poor old Cameron has only just returned to being in the public eye after an official period of mourning for his son who died recently.[/quote]

Yet, he was available to make a speech about the Bank of England and the City at the London Stock Exchange the very same day Daniel Hannan was giving Gordon Brown a ticking off...

Archived