Complete France Forum

New TV Channel Rural TV

Dog

Got three new channels on Freeview yesterday CNN News, Bloomberg News and Rural TV.

Rural TV is on channel 403 Freesat and Sky 269 I think.

Rural TV has some fantastic cheesy TV. Yesterday I was chuckling away with amazment and delight at some real blue veined cheese - The Porter Wagoner Show 1969 superb! a man who I now find has sadly passed away probably from rhinstonitus or wearing an overlarge stetson.

His show had a very young pre-pneumatic Dolly Parton  plus Mel Tillis, Speck Roads and a 12 year old kid called Louie Roberts. All live action - I may even get to like country music.

Also showing was The Wilburn Brothers Show from 1967 with Waylon Jennings again marvelous extramature cheddar.Sadly they are all no longer alive.

I am looking forward to some other programs on Blue Grass.

Yes full cream cheese - I love bad TV.

But those 60s programmes are refreshingly entertaining a simpler time and live production that cannot be beaten.

Who is your favourite cheese monger?

Yup tractors - and a man with a moustache two foot from tip to tip showing you how to cook cowboy style - using those cast iron marmite pots. The cowboys call them Dutch ovens and heap coals on the lids.

Just wait till you catch The Peter Wagoner Show!!

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Why don't you watch French TV .. ? [Www]

[/quote]

Well I do, (sky, incidently RA) when I'm in the mood (like when I'm in the mood for tractors[Www]) especially if its a film etc, but generally apart from struggling to improve my language level, there seem to be a lot of trashy overhyped ''shows'' [6]

Archived