Complete France Forum

New light for Davina McCall

just john

[quote user="just john "]I've always thought of Davina McCall as a femme fatale kinda girly...[/quote]

I see her more as a ladette kinda girl...

Very interesting program... I particularly enjoyed learning about the Dreyfus-Hennion connection.

I fear the producers or researchers may be about to run out of "cerebral" celebrities...    Chris Moyles???[8-)]

No , I think her ladette projection is her overcompensating to be 'out there'; do you remember the series where she would pair off people in the street[:-))] and after tales of her mum I can see where she got it from.

and yes Clair, I think we may have seen the best, a tearful Chris Moyles . . . no . . . please;

I'll have to watch the start though, I am hooked on the premise of the prog, one day I'll have to open the family bible.

Chris Moyles is taken to Ypres  where his great grandfather was killed in WW1, personally I can forgive him a tear......

I still think the one I 'enjoyed' the most was the Jerry Springer episode, my American friends are always amazed by this and think he's a dreadful person, where as I think he is an interesting guy with some interesting views (don't agree with all of them but that's not the point)

I thought she was rather gushing and irritating - the subject matter was good though.

I too am looking forward to the Chris Moyles one, I'll be interested to see how he gets on with his Irish family because that's the hardest part of my own ancestry.

Anyone can be forgiven a tear at Ypres, but the choice of Chris Moyles proves that's it's all going to style over substance celebrity, and partly what I expected with Davina, but saw her in a different light.
The tears that had an impression on me were those of Stephen Fry and Jeremy Paxman, and I wonder whether there's a program revisiting the previous subjects to guage what effect their history has had on them. Probably best not to know![:-))]
One thing I find fascinating is that it seems just as difficult for some of the wealthy stock to hang onto their wealth through the generations.

Archived