Complete France Forum

well I found this very amusing!

Rose

Our son who is visiting for the holidays told us a very amusing little story earlier, of how he missed a catch in his recent cricket match...he was running for the ball when he heard someone in the crowd shout Cat S**t... he said he completely lost concentration as he started wondering how big this cat s**t could be for the crowd to have noticed... it was only after he had missed the ball that he realised the man had shouted Catch It... [:D]

I am still laughing now as I type... and it got me thinking... has anyone else had anything similiar happen to them... where something totally reasonable has been mis-heard or mis-understood into something else?  If so... please share as it made my day laughing so much... and the more you share the more I can laugh! [:D]

Rose there is an advert on UK tv at them moment for Halfords they are advertising 50% off lots of tents etc but the advert after saying '50% off tents' then goes on to say 'and tampax as well!' well that is what i head from the kitchen anyway on further investigation i found out they meant tent packs [:$]

I thought I once heard someone referred to my then boss as "a fat idiot" (he was a prestigious professor in a well known University and he was hugely overweight). 

Turned out he meant "fastidious" after the conversation'd gone on a bit longer.

Archived