Complete France Forum

Do I deserve my bus pass ?

Frederick

I have recently got a UK bus pass..not that I have used it but should the car be in the garage for work I can now get out of the village and being over 60 ...for free... Now ...being a car owner and a French property owner should I feel guilty for applying for it given the present discussion that they should be only for poor people and a means test introduced ? Car owners need not apply etc

Yes Frederick, if you use your bus pass then you will sharing be transport with others and keeping your car off the road.[:)]

"present discussion that they should be only for poor people and a means test introduced ? Car owners need not apply etc"

I have seen nothing of this, have I missed something?[8-)]

I think was a well intentioned idea that became too expensive once people were allowed to use their bus passes nationwide, hopefully common sense will prevail and we'll go back to just having them in the locality where one is resident.

I find it quite perverse that the bus pass should be national when my mothers local authority 'The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead' told me recently that if her blue badge had been issued by a different authority that they wouldn't honour it in respect of applying for a parking bay outside her home.....if they can nationalize bus passes surely they can nationalize the blue badge scheme too?. My mothers MP, Theresa May, has had the matter bought to her attention ! [:@]

Archived