Complete France Forum

Did you know... Punic Apples...

Dog

Oi, Bue, as an alpha female, you do not simper:  you drag the Dog by the scruff of its neck and shake him like a rag doll and then you, well, you do whatever it is that you wanna..........

Don't mind me, I'm no alpha female, more a very harrassed one at the present.

I had some lovely pomegranate juice this morning sadly though the day slipped as this afternoon my wifelet was doing the laundry and found the shirt I was wearing while juicing and it's a bit pontilistic and magenta around the midriff. She hasn't found the trousers yet - I hid them...

I now know why pomegranate juice is so expense  -  redecorate kitchen and new shirt & trousers - probably cheaper to pay 24 euros a litre from the bio shop.

Sweet and Dog, sounds like you both need a bit of a revolution.  Don't be harassed, don't hide your trousers, just do what you will (as long as it's fairly reasonable and you wash your own stuff) and be happy!  Seriously though Sweet, I hate to think of you being stressed!  Always remember - this too shall pass![:D] [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_too_shall_pass[/url]

Dog 'scribed the following runes; [quote]

Now this is a real story - looking for a big beer making vessel - the Vikings had a real sense of humour...

I am giving up trousers and reverting to type. I am also making a cloak at the moment.[/quote]

...glad to hear you are using your time wisely.  Just try to keep off the mushrooms...![:D]

No I don't wear tartan I prefer a dhoti.

Somehow I lost the link to the Norse mythologic story.

... you don't run about with Indian fighting kites you stand on the same spot. It is very important to do this as they are usually flown from rooftops without ballustrades and if you step backwards you are more than likely brown bread.

Bue, I enjoyed your link:  thank you very much.

Dog, I saw the most beautiful pomegranate tree when I was out with the randos yesterday afternoon.  The afternoon was unexpectedly warm and there was this wonderful tree growing against a sunny south-facing wall with glorious, round, plump fruit hanging off it.

It was a sight to gladden the eye and it made me think of you.

So, now I do know that these tress do grow well in the southern Charente and I might try and source one.

The afternoon, however, didn't end as well as it started.  Our group got quite lost and it was dark and the pompiers were out looking for us by the time we finished.

You must mean a lot to the pompiers if they were after you on your ramble - do they give you a head start and what do they do when they catch you?

I might plant one but why bother when the French do not seem to like them and give you them. It is criminal the amount of fallen fruit in our area. We are still gleaning the maize fields and have about 50 kilos of maize so far. Plus have only used three paid for logs so far - been using fallen branches after the high winds.

We went bridge jumping in the Charente this year and were pleasantly surprised with the landscape it is subtly different to ours just 45 mins further South. If you know off any ruined watermills in your area my stepson wants one preferably with some land and woods.

Do know of one beautiful watermill.  Belongs to friends but it's all been done out.  Has its own island and near one of those disused railway routes that they have turned into tracks for cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders.

Let me know if you're interested.

Archived