Complete France Forum

Incredible Scandal

Dog

How about these for some clues.

"The Iraqi government has spent $85m on the ADE-651"

"Iraq paid around $40,000 for each device."

"The ADE-651 has been sold to a range of Middle Eastern countries and as far afield as Bangkok"

Lets see now how about a 60/40 split, 60 for Mr McCormick and 40% for the sucker that signed the cheque.

Personally getting this bloke for fraud is not good enough, a charge of murder for every victim this device did not protect is the way to go. I think either a Bangkok or an Iraqi jail might be the best place for him to live out the rest of his life.

I particularly liked the quote;

"policemen manning checkpoints

in Baghdad have told the BBC that you need to be relaxed to use the

ADE-651 and that it does not work properly if the user is stressed or

has a high heart rate"

It's hard to conceive a more stressful situation and I'm pretty sure

that my heart rate would be somewhere in the stratosphere if I were

doing this job

Also this arrogant quote:

"Major General Jehad al-Jabiri, who

appeared at a press conference with Mr McCormick following the December

explosions, said he did not "care about Sandia" (US testing Lab) and

knew more about bombs than the Americans"

"Whether it's magic or scientific, what I care about is it detects bombs," he said"

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that some plonker (probably him or on his advice) has spent $85m on buying them could it ?

On the nail Quillan.

Unless things have changed in Arab countries since my equipment used to be sold into them there is/was massive corruption all the way up the ridiculously extended supply chain with the price finally paid by government department having several zeros added to the european one.

I should add that my security equipment worked although it wasnt for detecting bombs but it really would not have mattered to anyone along the line who made loads of money out of it just the myself the manufacturer and the end user.

UK is now an Arab place then.

UK police officers are now allowed to have a trading company while they are paid to work by the police force. These companies often sell goods and services to the police force. A lovely little loop where top price is paid for these 'essential goods and services'.

Archived