Complete France Forum

Do NOT try this at Home

Bugsy

Its an animation.

The background footage having been recorded from a camera car.

Note it is not the car following the animated lugeur when overtaking vehicles rather the animation having to precede the lines taken by the vehicle.

Unless my computer is only showing video at a low resolution the whole thing looked like soemthing of a PS2 or whatever these things are called.

Nice bit of fantasy though, I used to have weird dreams exactly the same in my racing days including the crabbing movements to corner.

[quote user="Bugsy"]Sorry to disappoint you C but its real. The camera quality is poor but its not animation.

Click here for another run with better images.

The man himself
[/quote]

Not dissapointed at all BB although I definitely am lost/lacking for words.

I am just glad that they did a good job of defodding the piste before his run, I know from when we used to go to rollerdisco (that ages me!) how much damage a srategically dropped matchstick can do, at the sort of speeds he was doing and with the bogies pressing on his ribs etc it doesnt bear thinking about.

He should team up with that other amazing French guy the rocket man, perhaps then he would be able to take off without needing the plane, it would still be prudent to use the parachute for landing though.

Given that 99.99% of the French that I have met since moving here are totally risk averse (I dont include those friends that I made in my racing days) it makes these two guys even more of an amazing enigma.

Come to think of it I have actually met quite a few French extreme sports lovers but they had all learnt English and quit this overprotective country as soon as they were able.

Archived