Complete France Forum

Has the world got even madder

Quillan

I understand that this is something thats crossed 'the pond' and is a result of children of movie stars and other personalities being dressed the same as them. High healed shoes on 3 and 5 year old which are identical to their mothers, bikinis etc although I am not sure how Asda got so low as to sell pole dancing kits to kids. Sadly, with the clothing, it has to start with the parents, some for dressing their kids that way and the others for letting their kids copy them. I just can't believe that any parent in their right mind would allow their 7 year old daughter to wear a padded bra or bikini especially when we are constantly reminded of all those 'sick' people in the world. Smacks of too much money and too little brain.

In the interests of fairness I should point out that it was Tesco not Asda that was reported to be selling the pole dancing kit. However, also in the interests of fairness I must say that as a frequent Tesco shopper I have never seen such a product in any of their stores.

As for parents being in their "right minds", I think that many parents also give in to "pester power" from their children. We can thank media influences for providing children with strange values.

As for all the "sick" people in the world - there is a paedophile on every street corner. In fact, every man on earth is a potential menace to children - we know it's true because both the Sunday red-tops and blue-tops tell us so. End of rant.

Sorry about that you are quite right it was Tesco for the pole dancing kit and Asda for the padded bra and lacy 'push up' bra. I believe from the article that the pole dancing kit was removed pretty quickly after complaints. Perhaps giving in to "pester power" is a more recent thing as my parents certainly didn't. My first pair of Levi's which I had were paid for from my paper round money as was my Ben Sherman shirt. Of course your quite right about what the 'red top' papers say, lucky we live in France, you don't get them here[;-)] . The first newspaper I found when I searched for this was the Daily Mail, I didn't bother even reading that version. The Times I thought would be a more sensible version.

Anyway the thing is since when did you go round Tesco's looking for Pole Dancing kits, you dirty old man you. [;-)]

[quote user="Quillan"]

Anyway the thing is since when did you go round Tesco's looking for Pole Dancing kits, you dirty old man you. [;-)]

[/quote]

Oh, the shame of it! But it's not what you think. I couldn't get the skimpy outfit on. It's bad enough as it is having to wear my knickers outside my tights ...

Archived