Complete France Forum

Things to do whilst X factor takes over the TV

Théière

I Love it! It is 2 hours of (for me) fun and entertainment. My very lovely Husband stomps off into the Office muttering, how can you watch that

---- !?! and sits at the computer talking to his mates and buying expensive things for his Motorbike off E-bay. He is looked after like Royalty all week, but appreciates that it is not wise to upset the Lady who prepares his food.

Mrs. B.

Given the choice between X factor or sport (F1 excepted - just) I know which I'd rather watch, mind you, the test card is preferable to either although it's at times like this that having 3 Sky receivers, each with it's own Tivo recorder, really comes into it's own.

BTW, I've got a spare Tivo going with about 100 hours of HD space if my memory serves, I'll pre-empt the obvious question, no, it doesn't do HD [;-)]

PM me if interested.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Having friends round to dinner so no telly tonight.  And no, I won't record it - I can honestly say that I have never seen the thing (and the o/h doesn't watch the telly at all except for motorsport.)

Get a good book, Teapot old chap, or pop a DVD in the 'puter.

[/quote]

Good idea, I'll dust off the Michael Thomas set and try to learn some more french, albeit with a Germanic Jewish American accent [:)]

Ohhh great, X Factor.......again.

Must be that time of year again, the time where we get told what the Christmas number one is going to be in November. 

At least I have my own things to do.  Things like...... shaving my head with a cheese grater.  Or maybe shaving my face with an angry cat.[:@]

Oh, was it on? I flicked through the channels, registered "nothing to watch" and reached for my book. Tonight is not looking good either. I enjoyed strictly come dancing for the first two or maybe three series but again and again ad nauseum.

What's wrong with X Factor? It's entertainment, for Christ's sake, not something that has to be believed in or taken seriously. And although it's obviously manufactured and manipulated, it's still very good entertainment.

This forum seems to be inhabited, in the vast majority, by a load of grumpy old gits. Are you sure you are in the right place? [:)]

When I was staying with daughter in the UK in ?June we watched the final week of Britain's Got Talent, which is similar. There's a sort of morbid fascination in it.

What puts me off most is Simon Cowell - such a weird, plastic person. And he must select those who are exposed to be made fools of, as well as those who are genuinely talented.

He's creepy [blink]

[quote user="Will"]Christ's sake, not something that has to be believed in or taken seriously.[/quote]

Well I am not sure what a jewish carpenter has to do with the programme but you have to take it seriously as it occupies a major chunk of the main evening viewing for about the next 12 weeks. Plus X factors eXtra factor and all the repeats.

I wouldn't be any where near as grumpy if the contestants faced death for failing, the place is over populated with delusional half wits anyway [:D]

Archived