Complete France Forum

Early evening cereal to be banned

woolybanana

I HATE THE XXXXX EU!!!!!

Who are these dictators who run our lives. I know we have elections and then those elected just end up 'rich' on our money and what do they do apart from enmerde the people of europe.

So sorry about this Wooly, if you feel like buying any of the remedies mentioned maybe you should stock up before the lunatics who are running the asylum take them away.

Am I the only person who thinks it's time these quacks had a few curbs put on them?  It amazes me what rubbish people stuff down their throats just because it's traditional or herbal and what people are prepared to believe from people who often have no qualifications or proper training.  Why shouldn't they be subject to the same controls and standards that chemical remedies (also all derived from naturally-occuring products if you think about it) are and their practioners properly regulated to boot?

Hurrah for the EU (in this case) trying to control this poppycock.

Having lit the blue touch paper I shall now retire to my bunker with my tin hat on while everybody tells me that Evening Primrose (preferably diluted a million times and then prayed over) cures cancer, or some such nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, I have little time for big pharmacutical companies, and realise that they wield rather more power than is healthy, but it is interesting that as soon as a product is "natural", it is assumed to be good, and to be sold by companies which are automatically ethical also. 

Archived