Complete France Forum

BBC News_Quality of transmission.

pachapapa

Yesterday evening at the end of the rugby on France 2, I channel skipped and clocked on to the BBC News.  I was taken aback to observe that the BBC News on satellite actually had finally achieved a technical break-through and managed to achieve an acceptable quality of synchronisation between the sound of the voices and the movement of the lips.

Indeed I cogitated at length for a plausible explanation for this mega-jump in technical capability; it was only this morning that I realised what the reason might be.

The BBC has obviously received cash from the British Government to upgrade the satellite service before monday and tuesday when the Julian Assange hearing in the village of Belmarsh. As a reward for their new kit the BBC will I presume cover the proceedings in a manner sympathetic to government interests.

In deed it may be possible that the BBC will indulge in positive investigative journalism and devote a Panorama Slot to WikiLeaks with a commensurate government slant.

But I wonder whether I would be able to watch the Panorama Programme on the BBC News satellite channel; certainly in the past international content programmes have received an airing.

Will I be able to watch Panorama on Monday night on the BBC News satellite channel in acceptable sound synchronisation or will they hit the button and beam it out in Stereo Sound or Dolby Digital or perhaps Dolby Digital Plus?

Oh Dear! Looks like; whilst the quality of sound has improved; the quality of spelling has taken a step backward.[:D]

On the eve of the extradition hearing to decide whether WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange must return to Sweden to face rape allegations, Panorama talks to his former right hand man who walked out last year. Assessing what WikiLeaks and its exposing of senstive offcial material has achieved, the film examines claims that the organisation famous for leaking government secrets was paranoid about leaks from within and that it has failed to live up to its own ideals on openness.

Awaiting with alacrity the.."exposing of senstive offcial material".

The most interesting thing from wilkileaks is the information that Robert Mugabe bought 8000 boxes of Ferrero Rocher chocolates on his 80th birthday. But then being a self confessed intellectual PPP would appreciate this type of information [:D]

[quote user="NickP"]The most interesting thing from wilkileaks is the information that Robert Mugabe bought 8000 boxes of Ferrero Rocher chocolates on his 80th birthday. But then being a self confessed intellectual PPP would appreciate this type of information [:D][/quote]

Missed that one![:P]

Such a distraction for u & CIA with late night reading in a bid to collar the erstwhile Aussie. All that exercise of intellectual acuity let Tunisia and EggYpt slip under the radar.[:)]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Oh Dear! Looks like; whilst the quality of sound has improved; the quality of spelling has taken a step backward.[:D]

On the eve of the extradition hearing to decide whether WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange must return to Sweden to face rape allegations, Panorama talks to his former right hand man who walked out last year. Assessing what WikiLeaks and its exposing of senstive offcial material has achieved, the film examines claims that the organisation famous for leaking government secrets was paranoid about leaks from within and that it has failed to live up to its own ideals on openness.

Awaiting with alacrity the.."exposing of senstive offcial material".

[/quote]

The BBC took umbrage at PPP taking the urine about spelling and pulled the widely advertised programme schedule publicising the exposure of Wikileaks coffee machine tittle tattle for the 20:30 monday slot on BBC One; instead a full comprehensive TWENTY-NINE MINUTES on " The Battle for Egypt".

A bit of a let down when compared with the incisive journalism on Aljazeera![IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/cooperlola/rolling.gif[/IMG]

Archived