Complete France Forum

As someone who is ................

Bugsy

Dreading Bugsy? Are you married and if so did you have a 'white' wedding?

I didn't, I don't understand these 'do's' at all. They leave me slightly perplexed, and a very odd mixture of amusement and uneasiness too, porbably because I don't 'get' why anyone has them and I never have. But dread this do, when so many do just this. Nah, I'm not dreading it at all. I will probably see bits of it, because that will be unavoidable, but I'll not go out of my way to watch.

Now what I am not looking forward to is being expected to go and watch my friends daughter's white wedding soon. Me being a fish out of water in any church AND at such do's. No media hype there, just 'hype' really.

Can I say 'on ya bike', now wouldn't a good run out on Friday be just the ticket?[:)]

[quote user="idun"]A long time since this old lass has riden pillion, don't think I'd manage to get my leg over, to be honest with you. ROFL just at the thought.[:D][:D][:D][/quote]

It is years since I got my leg over!

I had occasion to look at Friday's TV schedules. TF1; royal wedding-related stuff from around 9.30 until nearly 3 pm: Fr2 ditto until nearly 2 pm, another channel goes right up to 5.30 pm. If they like the UK Royal Family so much, why don't they make a contribution to their upkeep?

Regards

Pickles

I don't begrudge them having 'their day' but its not my cup of tea so if you want to get away from it all and know even the mention of it over that weekend will be banned there is one place you can go and guarantee it won't be mentioned. [;-)]

Archived