Complete France Forum

Beautician

woolybanana

We were in Rome when his body was on display. We were going to visit the Vatican and got there very very early just as it was opening. We went to one bit and they said it was to see the dead pope. Unfortunately they forgot to mention that some of the ceiling painting that I wanted to see was in that bit too. Although if there would have been access to it, I have no idea.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when they asked incidentally, and I gave a very curt 'no' reply and off we went to another part of the place, or is that palace?

Why are they doing this? no idea. I was listening to woman's hour yesterday afternoon and strange you mention this as they were talking about Poland. Women's rights have been eroded beyond belief by the newly empowered catholic church, or at least their politically branches,  and  in my opinion are doing real evil there. That is the trouble with religions, once they get power again they put the evil back and women become third rate citizens. Men somehow don't seem to notice that this is happening and I'm not sure that women do until it is too late.

So because some hysterical nun claims to have been cured, they're on the way to making him a saint, despite him ignoring all the child abuse practised in the church of which he was head.

It's hard to believe that anyone would support the Catholic church!

Archived