Complete France Forum

those pesky Lib Dems!

mint

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Hell have no fury........

Just shows, it doesn't matter who you are - the 'stupid' gene remains alive and well.

[/quote]

Well Doris, it's funny that the Lib Dems seem to have the monopoly of stupid people in their club at the moment, although of course none of them are crooks., as it's always someone else's fault.  [Www]

I have told OH categorically that I would never consider taking his points!

* Statistics, anecdotal evidence and bitter experience of human nature all point to there being almost industrial numbers of people willing to take someone else's driving penalty points. Analysis by the AA of the number of people with points on their licences shows some 583,000 drivers who have six to their name. Yet the number with nine points falls away to 91,000 and only 30,000 are banned with 12 or more points. While there is a temptation to think the safety, financial and moral lessons have sunk in, explaining why so few go on to collect nine, the AA suspects the truth is that many people elect to commit fraud by persuading another driver to take the rap.

* "The fact we have more than six-times as many on six as nine would suggest some of them get other people to take their points," said Edmund King, AA President. "Some of them may have learnt their lesson and slowed down, but the fact the jump down from six to nine is so great, one can surmise not all of them do."

* While there are comparatively few cases where a driver and accomplice have been charged and convicted, partly as most cases are thought to be kept in the family, there was a scam in which students offered to take points for a fee of £150.

However, the latest generation of speed cameras increases the chances of cheating drivers being found out.

Old-style cameras mostly recorded the rear of the car, but newer versions face the front and take pictures in enough detail that police can distinguish between male and female, black and white, balding and full-haired.

But, apparently, other people have more accommodating spouses/friends/paid accomplices! 

Edit:  sorry, tried to tidy up the text but to no avail.

I once had 6 points on my licence and drove like a snail until I got rid of three of them, but the kicker is the insurance as while they come off your license after three years, insurance companies penalise you for 5 years.

I knew a chap who tried to tell the police his wife had been driving when he was pulled over (no idea how) she had not been drinking, he had!. He was prosecuted and as he has a local business it was all rather unpleasant.

Archived