Complete France Forum

Ban Greer, save humanity?

woolybanana

Funnily enough, I was only thinking the other day (don't know why, I just was) about 'people that I just don't get'.

Germaine Greer was top of my list - I can't think of anything that woman has ever said that's worthwhile. A complete waste of time.

While I'm at it, may I add:

• Ken Dodd - a totally unfunny comedian
  • Angela Knight (British Bankers Association CEO) - whenever she speaks, it's with a forked tongue
  • Sepp Blatter - I'm not especially keen on football, but why oh why?

That'll do for starters.  Any more?

... people I don't get ... that's a good list to make. My contribution:

Paris Hilton - famous for, er, what?

Kerry Katona ..... 15 minutes of fame 20 years ago and she's still hogging the TV screens

Lembit Opik .... why, just why?

that's my starter for ten ...

Nectarine, WHO?

I obviously need new glasses, I have read this thread title a few times and have seen, Ban Greed save humnaity and Can Greer save humanity.

I'm going for new specs this weekend.

I never liked GG, as when I was young I always thought that she hated men and didn't like that idea. Then as I got older I rather thought that she didn't and really didn't like anyone at all, including dogs, it would appear.

If she wants people to pick up dog poo in the woods, well yes, it should be removed by dog owners when they are out with pets. We always picked the poo up.  

I remember seeing Greer in the 1980s  in a bookshop in Stockholm doing a signing session of her latest book. She was sitting in solitary splendour being completely ignored by the customers. In 15 minutes I di not see a single person approach her.

Probably because Greer recommended people to kill their dogs before she walked off the stage. The report in several papers says her parting words were '

"If you love your bluebells, kill your dog!”

I doubt if the National Parks of France recommend that option !

[quote user="Rabbie"]I remember seeing Greer in the 1980s  in a bookshop in Stockholm doing a signing session of her latest book. She was sitting in solitary splendour being completely ignored by the customers. In 15 minutes I di not see a single person approach her.[/quote]

Probably a wasted message.[:)]

The "culottes" were thrown away already in the 60s.[:D]

I would have been highly embarrased in the 60's if it had ever been suggested that I throw my culottes away. I knew of burning bras, and I never minded that idea really. Although it would  have been a catastrophe for a friend of mine, she has always really really needed lots of support.

Archived