Complete France Forum

The banning of Human Centipede II

Dog

Interesting article in Social Worker News.

It seems amazing that it is deemed OK for the Australians to watch but not the British.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/08/human-centipede-banned

I haven't seen the first Human Centipede and doubt I would want to but now the sequel is banned I feel more likely to watch them both, but no I don't think I will.

NO Don't watch the first one. I am always up late at night and when I am looking for something to watch I just keep swopping channels sometimes instead of looking at the menu list. And then there was this horror scene and I know I stood up and couldn't believe what I was seeing and couldn't turn it off for some moments, minutes, I don't know. I was even holding the zapper. I switched the tv off then and sat and felt like my breath had been punched out of me. HORRIFIC!

Since then I use the menu and look at the details of all programs I don't know about  before putting them on.

So if what I saw a little of was not banned, what on earth could anyone filming on the second one hat was worse? There are some very peverse creepy people on this planet.

I read about this film too and the description of the storyline made me feel quite sick. Makes you wonder what some of these film makers/writers are on when they produce such work. I think the word horror movie is too tame, very sick shock horror movie would describe it better. Come back Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.

Well, Dog, you have motivated me to find out what I can about this film. I found an article about the refusal of the BBFC to grant it a certificate - and I actually find myself in sympathy with the BBFC!

However, in doing so, they have given the film far more publicity than it merits and may have created a demand the film does not deserve.

As for Australians being able to watch the film? Perhaps Sir Les Patterson himself intervened on its behalf ...

Archived