Complete France Forum

Stains on Wool Jumpers

idun

Some time ago I asked if anyone had any ideas as to how I could get some stains out of a lambswool jumper.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Apart from WD40, I have tried everything including eucalyptus, which made it smell very nice, but it is still stained.

My husband, for it is his jumper assures me that no one will notice, because that is how his male eyes work, but ofcourse it looks like a jumper with stains. I did another search on google and a site came up called Woolovers.com, so the stained jumper is now for working and I bought some new woollies from Woolovers. Bought for him, bought for me and they are wonderful. Lovely to have pure wool and not a mix, so roll on winter.

I hope these new woollies will wear as well as I am hoping, but so far, great quality price, I am well impressed.

I may still give the stained jumper a go with WD40 when I can find it, packed somewhere and maybe it will shift the stains, but now it doesn't matter.

The trouble with wool is that it's very sensitive and you can't use anything harsh or very hot on it. I've spoilt several lambswool jumpers with one little stain, especially pale colours.

What about embroidering something over the stain, eg his initial?

Archived