Complete France Forum

UK state pension and S1

woolybanana

I applied for my UK state pension and S1 at the end of August and got the entitlement agreement letter today. Is that a record? Whichever, I am hugely impressed.

They also sent the S1 which is effectively just over two months in advance. Is it worth going to the CPAM authorities and starting the process in advance or will they send me packing?

[quote user="woolybanana"]

I applied for my UK state pension and S1 at the end of August and got the entitlement agreement letter today. Is that a record? Whichever, I am hugely impressed.

They also sent the S1 which is effectively just over two months in advance. Is it worth going to the CPAM authorities and starting the process in advance or will they send me packing?

[/quote]

Might well be. Mine arrived after a much longer period, and they have lost all my certificates.

Did you have to apply for the S1 separately? I have had no such thing.

We always found CPAM in La Roche sur Yon very pleasant and easy to deal with. Your language skills will be appreciated although there is at least a smattering of English in the office.

We just bowled in when we had decided on a property we were buying and the Attestation arrived "in due course".

I'd tend to leave it until a couple of weeks before the actual date. If, however, the date on the S1 is current i. e. before your actual birthday, then go and get it processed now.

Archived