Complete France Forum

Spring Forward

cooperlola

I knew the clocks had to be changed - I always know, and usually use the 'fall back, spring forward' thing. Until this year!

I decided to change my bedside clock late last night. Big mistake! I found I was changing the minutes, and took ages to correct it. This morning I discovered that the clocks in the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen were all showing very different times. The kitchen is radio-controlled, so was correct (although I didn't realise at the time); I'd moved the bedroom clock time backwards by mistake, and the radio-controlled Sainsbury's clock in the bathroom only ever shows English time, however often we put it right - and hadn't corrected by radio in the night. I hadn't a clue what the time was, just decided to have breakfast, and play the rest of the day as it came.  [:D]

As it happens, it's been perfect; no need to knoww the time at all. Skyped to see my little granddaughter this morning (I think), drove to the local river for a delicious picnic lunch when we felt like eating, had a lovely strollin the sunshine and I'm just about to steam some lovely fine green asparagus for supper. Blow what time it is - I don't care. (I've just noticed - the computer says it's 17.19, so we might just have to fit a second supper in later!) [:D]

Bedside table, bathroom clocks, kitchen clock, several digital watches with lots of buttons and stopwatch controls and I can't remember what to press, three cars, two mobile phones, oven, Skybox, video recorder, radio, ..... all put forward one hour. It's when you have to put them BACK an hour in the autumn (and scroll forward 23 hours) that life gets complicated!

Mr. Nectarine, meanwhile, is 'supervising', i.e. pointing out the timepieces that I have missed (guest bedroom radio, microwave ... ) !

[quote user="nectarine"]Bedside table, bathroom clocks, kitchen clock, several digital watches with lots of buttons and stopwatch controls and I can't remember what to press, three cars, two mobile phones, oven, Skybox, video recorder, radio, ..... all put forward one hour. It's when you have to put them BACK an hour in the autumn (and scroll forward 23 hours) that life gets complicated!

Mr. Nectarine, meanwhile, is 'supervising', i.e. pointing out the timepieces that I have missed (guest bedroom radio, microwave ... ) ![/quote]

Heavens, Nectarine, having gone out for the day after my mess-up with clocks, we haven't even started on hall clocks, watches ( I never wear one personally), cooker clock etc. That's for another day! My car clock doesn't get put right - it's just too hard! It's right for half the year, so that does fine - and woe betide any helpful mechanic or son who changes it - I can't cope with it being right when it should be wrong; that makes me early and late for appointments etc!  [:D]

[quote user="gardengirl "]I'd moved the bedroom clock time backwards by mistake, and the radio-controlled Sainsbury's clock in the bathroom only ever shows English time, however often we put it right - and hadn't corrected by radio in the night. I hadn't a clue what the time was, just decided to have breakfast, and play the rest of the day as it came.  [/quote]

GG ........

Professional help is available for your difficulties.

[quote user="gardengirl "]

My car clock doesn't get put right - it's just too hard! It's right for half the year, so that does fine - and woe betide any helpful mechanic or son who changes it - I can't cope with it being right when it should be wrong; that makes me early and late for appointments etc!  [:D]

[/quote]

I had to find out how to do this last year when my car battery was changed - but since I'm off to the UK after Easter, I'll leave it for the mo - it'll be just right to ensure I catch the ferry back!!!!!

Archived