Complete France Forum

Which font?

mint

Yes, we need a bit more info, Sweet. As Richards asks, what program are you using to write your document and how did you save the document (what format? eg .doc .txt or some other format). Did you get a blank page or no page at all?

I used Microsoft Word and I saved the document in the normal way, as text.

I could here the printer shifting the paper back and forth and it made "printing sounds" but the page came out blank [:(]

Edit:  I don't mean "here", I meant "hear"!

Windows controls the printer not Word so you need to go through the Control Panel. look for Printers, double click on your printer and a box will appear. Now click on the word Printer (top left) and then select properties. Another box will appear and down the bottom right will be a button marked Print Test Page click on it and see what happens, you should get a test page printed on the printer. If you don't it make well be the ink cartridge needs cleaning or is faulty and need replacing.

Q,I have now gone through all the troubleshooting with printing stuff, done everything as requested, tried printing from Notepad, all their suggestions.

But, no success.

So strange as I printed out my NCB certificate from the insurance agent just before I tried printing the address headings.

Now I have tried printing an email and even that will no longer print.

All the sounds of printing as normal and all ink cartridges new and well placed.

Then I would suggest getting the installation disk out and reinstalling the drivers. The installation program will probably detect your existing drivers and give you an option to fix or remove. Personally I would remove them then eject the disk and reinsert it (to start autorun) and install clean.

A couple of things before you do that which I have just thought of. Firstly the obvious, is the printer switched on and is it plugged in (I know but I have seen it before)? Secondly is the cable between the printer and PC OK i.e. it has not fallen out by any chance. If its a USB cable you might try another cable if you have one or a different socket on the PC. Sometimes they can come out a little and still look connected so it is a good thing to unplug it and then plug it back in again at both ends.

I don't think it's anything to do with the connection between the 2 bits of kit, Q, because the printer makes all the right printing noises, the control panel says printer ready (or something like that) so it could be to do with the ink somehow not appearing on the page (all new cartridges as stated earlier).

Which version of Windows?   W7, for example,  doesn't really need to have the printer installation disk in order to install the drivers; it has its own drivers. All you get from the installation disk is the fancy Windows interface to allow you to check ink levels etc.

The printer is obviously "trying" to print so I think the problem is there; if Windows had detected a cartridge problem it would have flagged up an error. It sounds to me as though Windows thinks it's all worked OK and that the page has printed.

When you submit a document for printing you should get a little icon displayed in the bottom right corner; if you double-click that you'll see the contents of the print queue. Are the previous documents still there?

What printer have you got?

Archived