Complete France Forum

Breakfast anyone ?

Bugsy

That is gross. That amount of food would last a week in this house but then we don't eat fried food ,especially eggs as sausages are always baked in the oven and those thin bacon rashers from Lidl are best wrapped around some Boursin spread on a chicken breast and baked in the oven with new potatoes and green beans or peas,that is a far nicer meal than a plate of greasy stodge.

[quote user="powerdesal"]I knew a Sapper once who would probably have managed that without blinking.[/quote]The owner claimed that no-one had managed to eat the meal in an hour although there had been some heroic failures. 9 lbs of food is a lot to scoff in an hour.

Whilst I laughed while watching that report - and my eyes boggled at the amount of food - I couldn't help thinking about all the waste!!! Just thrown away ... that is really criminal .. unless they can give the leftovers to some homeless people nearby.

But it really is just throwing food away isn't it .

Well that plate full sounds OK for a full meal for a family of four, with say teenage sons, who seem to always have empty legs as well as empty stomachs.

The biggest meal with the most food we have ever had served was in Belgium when we ordered moules frites. They gave us two adults a big bucket full each and the kids a slightly smaller bucket full each. Even in the USA we have never been served so much. 

I never grill anything apart from toasties.

Archived