Complete France Forum

Green Card

Mr Ceour de Lion II

I had my interview for a green card yesterday. Was very nervous, but the officer in charge of my case said it was one of the best applications she'd ever seen, and better than the applications most lawyers prepare for thousands of dollars. Got me thinking, maybe I should study law...

She ended up talking mostly about herself and her family rather than asking us any in depth questions about the validity of our marriage. Ended up being a nice chat rather than an interview. The funny thing is that she is an immigrant herself, and looking at her name, I imagine she was from Russia.

But it's all done and dusted, I can finally relax and get on with living life. I can now look for work, get a full social security card, and open proper bank accounts and so on. We're very happy, it's been a long 3.5 years to get both our lives back together after our respective divorces, but the tough times are the times when you grow as a person. I'm more determined and focused than I've ever been in my life and am now looking for my own American dream. Opportunities are there, even in these tough economic times. I intend finding them for mine and my families sake.

Life is good :)

Thanks everyone. It's been tough, but I think it's making me a better person. Certainly made me realize that the only thing you can truly rely on is yourself. All this time I put my faith and investment into other things, and they all failed. The old adage of if you want something done properly, do it yourself is so true.

Onwards and upwards, but I'll still stick my head in here from time to time. There's still a lot of France in my heart :)

Archived