Complete France Forum

Is it the Spring or something because ...

woolybanana

...besides pfaffing about in the garden I have been having a wonderful time filling cardboard boxes with junk, stuff, *rap to take to Emmaus. It is usually possible to do about an hour of box filling before  "it might be useful one day-itis" sets in. So, two metres of shelf gained, six plastic crates to two and plenty more to go. Whoopeee, I might see my feet again soon, so to speak.

Something like that or it's an exercise in making the place look hygienic enough to entice the daughters or Angela to come and stay?

Me, too, I've bought a steam mop from Lakeland and have been cleaning the floors room by room.  However, the BOXES, no, don't have enough moral or physical strength to tackle that gargantuan task as yet.  Perhaps as the sunshine and nearly-warm days get longer, might make a start.

Talking about boxes, I did have to go through a few, looking for my marriage certificate, would you believe.  I had a letter out of the blue to say I have a (very small) LA pension due to be paid to me and would I send birth, marriage certificates, etc.

Couldn't find it, despite looking in all the likely places and, in the end, decided it was easier to send off for another one, even though it cost me £25!  I don't think it cost as much as that to get married in the first place [:-))]

[quote user="woolybanana"]...besides pfaffing about in the garden I have been having a wonderful time filling cardboard boxes with junk, stuff, *rap to take to Emmaus. It is usually possible to do about an hour of box filling before  "it might be useful one day-itis" sets in. So, two metres of shelf gained, six plastic crates to two and plenty more to go. Whoopeee, I might see my feet again soon, so to speak.[/quote]

Way to go  Wooly !  You have to do it or somebody will start calling you Mr Trebus !

Archived