Complete France Forum

VI Nations

NormanH

[quote user="powerdesal"]France really need to sort out the ground.[/quote]

I seem to remember reading that they want to build a new stadium (presumably with a closing roof) and that there were 4 or 5 sites being considered. In the meantime, they're stuck with what they've got.

Pleased for the Welsh, although the match was dire until the last 15 mins. Taking nothing away from Wales, the French were simply clueless: can anybody remember them being bottom of the pile after two matches?  Add to that, their next two games are away to England and then Ireland.

Looking forward to this afternoon. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]But why Michalak stayed on the pitch is a mystery. Maybe he has something on Saint-Andre?[/quote]

Went to town this morning for fags, bread and the paper, he is very much the centre of the French vitriol round here. So if he is reading this, don't come to the Aude. I did point out however that one man does not a team make but it fell on deaf ears. Still it's nice to see it's not just us Brits that look for a whipping boy when things go wrong. He had a bad day, it happens, get over it and go forward. I remember watching Wilkinson on a bad day, he was dire, next match he was brilliant.

[quote user="Rabbie"]

After last week who would have thought Scotland would be in 2nd place in the table. [:D]

[/quote]

I think that you're doing your boys down Rabbie.  Even under the previous regime, they were an improving side, albeit slowly.

The proof of the proverbial pudden will be vs Ireland in a fortnight. With a few Irish injuries, I just have a sneaking feeling ......

Let's put it this way - happy that we're not facing you in our last match.   

[quote user="Rabbie"]Luckily Cole was not damaged by Healry's stamping. Could have caused a horrible injury[/quote]

He should have been sent off for that. It was right in front of the ref as well. Does the TMO have authority to take any action if something is seen on camera that the ref obviously misses ?

I've trawled the internet looking for a definitive answer, but failed!

I think that the TMO's role is confined to responding to questions posed by the referee re whether a try has been scored or even (& I believe that this has happened) whether a penalty or conversion has bisected the posts.

I'm pretty sure that he can't intervene over foul play on the pitch, although the assistant referees can (and frequently do).

Of course, post match citings can and do occur.

A quick search, as I don't have time to trawl through the website, reveals this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/club/9488451/New-rules-for-Television-Match-Officials-will-not-make-game-boring-to-watch-insist-rugby-chiefs.html

It has and always will be the ref who controls the game, his word is absolute. Under the new rules if he suspect a foul he can ask but the TMO can't tell him unless he asks. Same with touch officials, they can raise their flag, call the ref over and give their point of view same as if he asks them but it is the ref who always has the final say. So the ref knows the flags the touch officials have contain a radio transmitter in the handle. If they pres the button the ref knows to speak to them. They have two tones, one for each side.

[quote user="Gardian"][quote user="Rabbie"]

After last week who would have thought Scotland would be in 2nd place in the table. [:D]

[/quote]

I think that you're doing your boys down Rabbie.  Even under the previous regime, they were an improving side, albeit slowly.

The proof of the proverbial pudden will be vs Ireland in a fortnight. With a few Irish injuries, I just have a sneaking feeling ......

Let's put it this way - happy that we're not facing you in our last match.   

[/quote]With the advantage of hindsight I would agree but after the performance against England there seemed to be a real chance that Italy after beating France would be a tough nut to crack and even at my most optimistic I did not think there was any chance of winning by such a large margin. Still for once Scotland took their chances and capitalised on Italian mistakes. Must a good few years since Scotland scored 6 tries in an entire 6N campaign let alone after 2 matches.

As you say the real test will be against Ireland in a fortnight. 

[quote user="Gardian"]

Of course, post match citings can and do occur.

[/quote]

Cian Healy has been cited by the Italian 'Citing Commissioner'. 

Suspensions can range from 2 - 52 weeks, but a mid range offence would normally be 5 weeks. (All that according to the BBC Sport website).

Zebo is out for the rest of the 6N (injured), Healy is at risk, Sexton looks iffy (scan). 

The French have made 7 changes + 1 injury-enforced to their team vs England on Saturday.

The inclusion of Parra is the one change that worries me: he's the only player that I simply can't understand them having left out in both their starting XV's to date.

For us, Lawes for Haskell (flu during the week, but on the bench) worries me.  Lawes is good, but not a flanker.

Surely France can't be as bad as they've been so far?  Hope so though![;-)]

p.s. Parisse has blotted his copybook by getting red-carded last weekend for Stade Francais and now has a 30 day ban (out for the rest of the 6N)

Well all the bookies thing England will win which is a good starting point. On the other hand if France looses it will be three in the row for France which the French fans think is unacceptable. Stastically France has played England 96 times, won 37, lost 62 and drawn 7 giving them a win rate of just over 38% and lets not forget England is at home which makes a big difference to the French. However at the end of the day all this betting odds and stastics are pointless when it comes to France and their mentality as a team, they either turn up or they don't, if they do turn up then it should be an excellent game although of course England will win.

There's so much at stake for both teams that it is likely to be a nervy affair, which often leads to stifled play. I hope not as both teams should be capable of entertaining rugby.

Mind you, if the match tomorrow fails to deliver, on Sunday I have the centenary match between The Old Patesians and Gloucestershire RFU President's XV in Cheltenham to look forward to. At least with that I get a free bar and buffet.

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]There's so much at stake for both teams that it is likely to be a nervy affair, which often leads to stifled play. I hope not as both teams should be capable of entertaining rugby. Mind you, if the match tomorrow fails to deliver, on Sunday I have the centenary match between The Old Patesians and Gloucestershire RFU President's XV in Cheltenham to look forward to. At least with that I get a free bar and buffet.[/quote]

[quote user="Gardian"]

Yes, but Castaignede said that the Aussies had only just got off the plane and were still cold.

Agree though, it'll be nervy tomorrow.

[/quote]

I hope you guys are not refering to England v France because if you sit down to watch it tomorrow at 17:00 (GMT) your be in for a long wait TOMORROW IS FRIDAY,  ITS ON SATURDAY. [:D]

Archived