Complete France Forum

UK Credit to be downgraded

Quillan

I see reported in the newspapers today that the UK could be looking at another downgrade quite soon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/mar/23/second-uk-credit-downgrade-looms

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/9949126/UK-faces-Fitch-downgrade-over-debt-levels.html

No gas, no power, no money, sounds like a third world country or Russia after the fall of communism. On the brighter side rope sales are going very well. [:D]

The UK will be better off when they clamp down on the deceit of the French German and other EU students who come to  steal  a UK education from the UK tax payer for a start

It seems £400 million is yet to be paid back from these  EU students who have hidden themselves away to continue with their dishonesty in avoiding  paying for their UK  education after returning home

Time for a claim to go into these countries for the cash and let them chase their own dishonest youth and their parents  Let the country they came from deal with the deceptions their citizens  use to avoid their UK  student loans  If they fail  to get them found and into repaying  then their taxpayers suffer the loss not the UK ones they are ripping off at the moment  to the tune of £9000 a year .

But it is not just EU students is it. Wasn't there some college last year that was giving letters to prospective students to get visa's, the students turned up once or twice and nobody saw them again but their in the UK somewhere.

The worse thing France did was to get rid f the Carte de Jour, Tier, or whatever it was called for EU residents. I would suggest that the UK should have bought in ID cards for it's nationals just like France for it's French nationals and a separate ID system for everyone else. Yes I know the old argument that it won't stop it but it would make a significant impact. In my experience in France the first thing a Gendarme asks is where is your ID and when your fumbling around for it they point out that it is a legal requirement to carry ID all the times away from your home.

There are a lot of places one can cut money in the UK if you look around just as there is to make money. Why not put tolls on all the motorways, do away with car tax like the did in France and Ireland years ago and put the tax on petrol instead. It might also encourage people on to public transport and not use their cars to drive 100 yards down the road thus making for a greener environment. What the UK needs is some group to look after the tax payers interests and ensure they get their monies worth but preferably not one that goes to public meetings on holocaust day to disrupt it by shouting their mouth off and insulting Jews.

Q,

Do you really believe that, with fuel prices the way they are, that anyone is going to drive only 100 yds ?

Public transport is all very well - when it exists. In many parts of the UK there is little or none. Not everyone lives in a city, nor can they move to a city / town.

Try rural Wales as one example. My grand daughter needs to get to work some 15 miles away from her village. The nearest bus stop is 1 1/2 miles from that village, there is one bus each way per day. Needless to say the bus times do not correspond with work times ( adrift by a couple of hours).

There are of course Taxis, but they are not available at work starting times because they are on contract to the LEA to take children to school.

Petrol / diesel are already taxed very highly in UK by double taxation of fuel tax plus VAT.

Putting tolls on the motorways is only viable if there are satisfactory alternative routes, the UK is very much more congested than France and the alternative routes simply do not exist.

I do agree however with your ID card idea, but have never ever been asked for proof of ID by Gendarmes in France.

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Théière"]Jews have been insulted since at least Ramses the 2nd reign, its part of their culture, they are used to it by now. [/quote]

Be very careful where you go with this and no Jews are not used to it by now.

[/quote] This quote from as moderator? who is very happy to insult people on this forum

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Théière"]Jews have been insulted since at least Ramses the 2nd reign, its part of their culture, they are used to it by now. [/quote]

Be very careful where you go with this and no Jews are not used to it by now.

[/quote] This quote from as moderator? who is very happy to insult people on this forum[/quote]

He knows the person I am talking about and who has expressed anti-Semitism views (on Holocaust day in front of a Rabbi holding an interdenominational service)  which like racism we would not allow on the forum so I am just warning him, in a nice way, not to repeat those comments which I feared for a minute he might after his comment "they are used to it by now" which to me just shows the character of the person but many other Jews would find deeply insulting.

If somebody feels insulted they know what to do and who to contact.

Archived