Complete France Forum

Is this a sign the EU has run out of cash ?

Frederick

Personally I wouldn't take much notice of anything Eric Pickles says. This is the man that got the government to pay for a specially modified Jaguar car at a cost of 70k because of his size and of course was also one of many who stole money from the taxpayer by fiddling his expenses. Pot calling the kettle black comes to mind. Unlike the stereotypical (don't mean you of course) Express reader I would like to hear the other side of the story which it hints at in the article i.e. some of the same dodgy accounting practices he claims the EU uses. Not to forget to mention of course that the Express is completely neutral when it comes to the EU. [;-)]

So don't pay the EU anything until this has been sorted.

It seems easy to me, the UK pays them loadsamoney all the time, so keeping it back will make them sort things out.

The piggy's in Brussels with their snouts in the trough, because that is how I see it, are not interested in anything else other than their making personal fortunes.

I hate the EU, biggest con we have ever been involved in. And I know Q likes it, but I never will.

Why do they need to spend millions on opening and staffing embassies all over the world ....Who's national interest are they serving in this ?.....

If I lose my passport on the far side of the world and walk into an EU embassy .....will they get me home .....Or tell me to piss off to the British Embassy down the road .......I think we all know the answer so why are they wasting so much on opening Embassies ?

[quote user="idun"]So don't pay the EU anything until this has been sorted.

[/quote]

Well perhaps that is exactly whats going on but the other way round. If you remember a few weeks back when Spain and a few other countries took the UK to court (and won) because it had not paid for the health treatment that Brits were getting in their countries under the European Healthcard scheme. So perhaps the EU is holding on to the UK's money till it pays all it health debts.

[quote user="idun"]I hate the EU, biggest con we have ever been involved in. And I know Q likes it, but I never will.
[/quote]

I don't mind if you hate the EU, thats your right, providing it is based on fact rather than fiction and a lot of anti EU properganda in the Express and alike is exactly that because it sells papers.

[quote user="Frederick"]Why do they need to spend millions on opening and staffing embassies all over the world ....Who's national interest are they serving in this ?.....

If I lose my passport on the far side of the world and walk into an EU embassy .....will they get me home .....Or tell me to piss off to the British Embassy down the road .......I think we all know the answer so why are they wasting so much on opening Embassies ?
[/quote]

Well it was in the Lisbon Treaty that Tony Blair signed in 2007. EU Embassies speak for all member states and therefore have considerably more power that a single state embassy. They also have very active trade commissions that tout for trade from which all member countries benefit. Just that has been enough to frighten the US in to negotiating trade deals in Europe via the current talks with the EU. Mind you what the US says and what it does are tow different things. Remember Iraq and all the contracts we were promised if we joined them for the illegal invasion? What did we actually get, none, so I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them either.

As for your passport, well take it out and have a look, it is a European Passport first and a UK one second.

Archived