Complete France Forum

What a choice of TV progs this evening

woolybanana

Well, there we have it, a choice between La Traviata, on ARTE or Miss France on TF1. My choice is made as I love La Trav.

But I have a feeling that Norman will be glued to the TF 1 screen hoping that one of the ladies might give him a wink.

Meanwhile, the dining table is now so loaded with boxes from Amazon and elsewhere that I can't use it. The pleasures of kids, eh, who would have them?!!!

I watched echappée belle which had a really good report on the multi-cultural London interspersed with what was probably the worst report I have ever seen on Les Isles Galapogos, how they managed to take the whole equipe to one of the most magical places on earth and then ignore the wildlife is beyong comprehension.

Wonder is Miss France is still on?

Something had gone wrong with our co-axial and so no French TV and, in any case, we haven't been able to get Arte since our move here.

Just as well perhaps as I wouldn't have liked the Galapogos with no wildlife.

La Traviata always brightens me up, don't quite know why as the story is very sad but, it's that opening scene and Brindisi that fills me with that da da da, da da da.....ah, just so fab!

Don't know if anyone saw the prog just after the Marr show this morning, it was an interview by Fern Britten of John Simpson...thought-provoking and enjoyable.  Also a bit of a round-up of all major conflicts in recent years, Afghanistan, Serbia, etc. where Simpson had reported.  So, the programme was sobering as well...

Hi MacDime

I had the same opinion of Fern Britten as you do.  But, strangely enough, when I watched her interview Clarissa Dickson Wright last year, I changed my opinion.

Then, last week, she interviewed Susan Boyd and this week, John Simpson, as I have mentioned.

You know, she asks questions intelligently and sympathetically; I guess she's a smarter cookie than you give her credit for.

But, WHY wouldn't you watch opera????????[:-))][:-))][:-))]

I came to opera late in life, in my early thirties[+o(]  I remember my first opera, Mozart's "Marriage of Figaro" and I was completely blown away by the singing, the costumes, the music, the whole kybosh.  It is a love affair that has had a much longer existence than some others I would name but have completely forgotten [:D]

Despite your protestations, I bet you know dozens and dozens of famous arias from opera all down the ages.

Archived