Complete France Forum

Weather warning for UK

Frederick

[quote user="Cendrillon"]Today the calm after the storms of yesterday but for how long?

Stay safe everyone.

[/quote]

Unfortunately no calm in many Dorset and Hampshire homes near me this morning .

Local radio reports many homes having lost power due to downed trees There are huge traffic holdups due to roads yet to be cleared of debris and  also floods . I feel for the old people in the New Forest many whom I know have had a difficult year through illness  They may not have their power restored today  ... I am lucky I have only lost fencing ...The power dipped many times last night but we still have it . Isle of Wight needles lighthouse recorded almost 100 mph wind so not surprised New Forest trees have gone down .

It seems the Jet Stream is extra  fast now 300 MPH  dragging it all over from USA and Canada

I was referring to the winds and torrential rain which have subsided this morning.

Yes we too lost fencing but thankfully nothing else. In Surrey we also have our problems, the river Mole has burst its banks and homes and buildings have been flooded. This is the reason why North terminal at Gatwick  had a power outage which has caused chaos. Homes is some parts around have no power, there are trees down and roads blocked but the wind and rain has calmed for the time being.

SE London, I will be busy on friday replacing the fallen and broken roof tiles.  It's about time we got rid of these ridiculous old roof tiles and used modern rot proof, lighter, better fixed etc plastic roof panels that look like tiles.  Apart from the heritage idiots the only other people who must actually like roof tiles from clay or concrete must be roofers ££££

[quote user="Cendrillon"]Watching Jane Eyre on T.V. last night we didn't need their sound effects for the wild Yorkshire moors, we had our own "surround sound" and it was pretty terrifying!

[/quote]

Talking of Jane Eyre, it was certainly atmospheric, but did you have trouble hearing the dialogue? And not because of the wind. It was spoilt for me because I found the leading actress inaudible.

Archived