Complete France Forum

Bad Day!

Gardian

We needed to do a bit of shopping en route to the dentist this morning. En route, I volunteered to treat Mrs G to a new ironing board - the existing one looked alright to me, it being only 20yrs or so young, but there we are.

Got the shopping and off to the dentist for what I was expecting to be a little filling (he'd had a quick look a few days ago). On closer examination, there were several sharp intakes of breath, each one costing about €500 I reckon. Bottom line of the devis (2 x crowns, etc, etc) - €2600, of which the Secu would fund €700.

The problem is that only last month, Mrs G had a crown done and this could well scupper any reimbursement from our Mutuelle. This is my problem - I'm too generous (e.g. the ironing board). I said to her that it should be done and hang the consequences.

Got home feeling gloomy and unloaded the shopping. The car is only 3 months old and to my disgust, I noticed that some toe rag has given us a good scraping on the front near quarter. Almost certainly at the hyper or the dentist.  Probably only €300-ish, but there'll be an excess on the policy.

Only 6 hrs to go before 2nd Sept is over - nothing else can go wrong surely?

That's very true Norman.

She tried out the new ironing board this morning.  She said that it was an 'economy' model and feels flimsy and unstable. Looks alright to me.  I'll admit though that the fact that it won't fit in the cupboard is a slight negative.

There is always a place for an ironing board, where it will fit rather nicely, IF it has not been up to standard............. 'his' side of the bed![Www]

Purchases......... strange old things. And an ironing board is in fact a labour saving device......... as I realised when in the past, when I have tried to iron clothes on a table or the floor, it is then fiddly and hard. So it needs to be stable, not rickety, of the right size with a good cover on it.

Teeth in France. I am now having so many problems with crowns that I have had put in over the years in France, that I wish I had all that money in my back pocket now. 

Archived