Complete France Forum

Performing Doggies

Théière

Last night I was at the filming of Sunday night at the London Palladium,  Shortly to be screened on the BBC it had the best doggie act (doggie Wooly NOT dogging)  these incredible pooches were amazing so well worth a watch if you like that.

I'm interested in this because we have a border collie and she's very quick to learn. We've tried her on a few things and she seems to enjoy it, such as jumping and obeying commands. But as we live out in fairly open country she has plenty of opportunity for exercise and adventure, so it's not really necessary. She's 12 now.

In our last house we had a field and looked after a friend's sheep, so she was in her element there.They're a wonderful breed. Since we came to this commune 3 other people (french) have got border collies.

People who live in towns, and want to own dogs like this, need to provide extra stimulation for them.

So clever!

One of the special things about border collies is their sustained eye contact. That's how they seem to hypnotise sheep. Ours tries it on with the cat, and cat doesn't like it. Other dogs do look you in the eye but only briefly (I think , haven't had much experience of other breeds.)

[quote user="Gluestick"]A friend sent us this link.

If you appreciate the ultimate in dog training and how biddable Border Collies are, then it is a Must Watch!

See here

[/quote]

I just see a well behaved dog that has some small talent and is able to walk/crawl between the owners, cleverish but quite dull. I was so amazed by the ones on the London Palladium stage I thought that worthy of posting to let you know about it. If you thought the crufts video was good/clever you really do not want to miss the London Palladium doggies, they are like MENSA members compared to the collie.

EDIT: I would go so far as to say make sure you set your recording device, you'll want to watch it a second time.

Archived