Complete France Forum

Paint

idun

I have a north facing sitting room with a small window. It is a dark room, which I don't mind to be honest. And in the winter,what the heck, with the curtains drawn and the wood burner making the room deliciously warm.

Still it needs repainting and part of the day is daylight, so I have been looking at info and paint charts to try and brighten the place up, IF I can get it a little brighter than it currently is. At the moment it is crown's gentle yellow which is a lemony gold colour.

The first coat, after plastering it when we moved in, was white and that is a nono, it is too cold a colour and doesn't brighten the place up.

So suggestions please, what I call mushroom colours seem to be popular at the moment, and I really have no idea if a lighter one of those would brighten the place up or not....... might it? or should I be sticking with lemony gold colours?????????

I know nothing of this sort of stuff and the internet is as much use as a chocolate fireguard........ said no's to greens and blues and greys....... and then yes to them.......

Archived