Complete France Forum

printer problem

mint

I had a paper jam in the printer this evening but I managed to remove all the paper.

Now it won't take in any paper, the red light comes on and it still seems to think there is a paper jam.

It is a laser Samsung Xpress M2026, I'm telling you the make and model in case that might help with your answer.

I need to have it resolved ASAP because I have  some important documents to print out.

Thank you

Did any of the paper come out 'ripped up'? In other words, any bits & bobs still in the m/c? If so, they need to be raked out. Switch the printer off though (at the mains, not the on/off).

Failing that, switch the printer off completely, clear down docs awaiting send & start again.

Mint:

Best approach. Your printer, a Samsung Xpress M2026 is a monochrome laser printer.

1.    Turn off printer from mains. Disconnect lead totally for safety. Carefully examine the printer, including removing the laser cartridge and ensure there are no nasty little bits of paper still stuck in the feed or roller mechanisms.

2.    Go to Control Panel (Start menu: bottom far left) and select Control Panel. Click Printers and Faxes command. Printers should pop up. Clear ALL documents waiting to print.

3.    Shut down pc/laptop.

4.    Re-Boot computer. Reconnect printer to mains and turn on.

All documents in printer menu and computer memory should now be removed.

Let us know how this works.

[:D]

These may assist:

here:

Here:

Re thinking there is a paper jam, it doesn't have to be a big bit of paper to make it think that, it can be just the tiniest little bit that you'd think it wouldn't even notice. If it persists in saying paper jam, that is definitely what it will be - you just have to look until you find it. That's my experience at any rate.

Thank you to everyone for their suggestions and attempts to help.

Sadly, although I can detect no vestiges of paper, I suspect that ET is right and that there must be some bits left in.  Not visible to the naked eye and, even removing the toner cartridge, does not reveal all parts of the machine.

Gluey, I had already looked at those sites.  Then, I went to toutes les applications and the computer can't even detect the printer.  It was one of those printers that you plugged in and used straightaway.

Unfortunately, I can't hang around not having a printer as, for a change, I have docs that I need to print PDQ so will have to contact my usual buff and get him to sort it.  I do not have the confidence to open it up and I can't see where to open it near where any stuck paper would have to be hiding!

Printers are usually designed so that users can open them at the back/side/wherever, to get to all the places where paper can get stuck. Have you still got the user manual? As long as you're not violent with it you won't break anything and it will all go back together again. Be brave, once you've done it once you'll have confidence next time.

[quote user="mint"]

Gluey, I had already looked at those sites.  Then, I went to toutes les applications and the computer can't even detect the printer.  It was one of those printers that you plugged in and used straightaway.

[/quote]

Re-Install the driver.

Whilst the pinter is "Plug and Pray" (i.e. it works!), the pre-installed driver may have become corrupted.

Also worth looking on the Samsung site for any driver updates.

Re the computer not "finding" the printer, possibly once the printer is happy and ready to print, the computer will suddenly recognise it again. Could be that the compter simply does not want to have anything to do with a confused and bolshy printer. I would focus on getting all the right lights lit up on the printer first, then turn everything off and on again, and hope it all sorts itself out.

Yes, thankee!

But not until the tame nerd came and tinkled with it, extracting a tiny scrap of paper, just as ET had said was the problem.

I'd have taken it to the dépannage shop but, whilst expensive, this way it was probably easier on a Saturday afternoon.

For the future, from my experience, make sure that the paper is loaded correctly, not too much, and above all, not creased or out of line.

Try and remember what the repair guy did and where he found the stray bit of paper that was ruggering up the works.

Do not let dogs load the maching even if they beg!

Archived