Complete France Forum

Arlene stuffs one up Wee Jimmie Krankie

cajal

I have never been a strong royalist, but when I look around the world at various nations presidents, then I begin to have strong reservations about republics.

Just look at a sample list:

Trump (well he had to be top of the list didn't he)

Putin

Temer (currently on potential corruption charges - something he forced on his predecessor)

Nazarbayev

Al-Assad

Erdogan

Maduro

Mugabe

and alternative models do not provide high confidence

Kim Jong-un

One good also provide a list of bad or mad monarchs [:)]

My objection to the principle of monarchy is that it symbolises the idea that who your mother or father is is more important than what you do; and that that situation is permanent.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="mint"]

Well, if she doesn't own it, how come she can live in it whenever she wants and all the parts she lives in are not open to the public and paying tourists?

So, let me use my slow brain to try and work this out:  the queen doesn't pay for repairs because the building is owned by the state but although it is not hers, the public do not get use of it and I believe that they even have to pay to enter those parts of it that she has no use for?

Er.............have I missed anything?[8-)]

[/quote]

I return to this subject about Buckingham Palace and the detail about who "owns" it and should be responsible for paying for its upkeep and to do a self-correcting exercise.  Seems that I was wrong about Buck House.  Apparently, if you are famous enough and rich enough, you DO get the use of it and the 350 million pounds of taxpayers' money due to be spent on it can be justified?

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4684414/Fergie-denies-organising-Beckhams-Buckingham-Palace-party.html[/url]

Archived