Complete France Forum

Broken Seach Facility ?

Deimos

Is there a permanent problem with the search facility on this forum. Over the last few weeks I have never got it to work. I tried again today and got the same:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.] System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) +742 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +44 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +5 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +304 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77 System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +36 InstantASP.InstantForum.Logic.SearchForums(String strQuery, String strForumID, String strOrderBy, String strSortOrder, String strSearchType, String strMemberName, String strPostedWithin, String strSearchWithin, Boolean bolMemberNameExactMatch, Boolean bolIncludeBannedMembers, String strMemberGroupIDFromSearch, String CurrentUserMemberGroupID) +2194 InstantASP.InstantForum.WebSite.search.BindSearchResults() InstantASP.InstantForum.WebSite.search.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs E) System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Deimos, I havn't bothered with the so called search 'facility' for ages. I found comfort in thinking of that button as purely decorative, rather than functional.

Same goes for the options under 'recent posts'. May as well replace them with a few rows of dancing pandas, at least they would be charming to look at.

As for the various 'Server Error in '/' Application', which pops up sometimes when changing threads, and sometimes when posting, this only ever happens to me when visiting this site.

Tresco, if you don't use the "Recent Topics", how do you find out what's been going on, without going through the whole lot?

I don't have ADSL and sometimes it is sooooo slooooow.  I have just been offered a free "Booster" by Wanadoo, which I télécharged last night, supposed to speed things up.  I can straight away see a difference, so what must it be like with ADSL?

Christine

Archived