Complete France Forum

Can't post an amended quote

I tried to reply to a post, by quoting it (as it was not the one immediately above the one I was going to post) and shortening the quote to retain just the relevant phrase on which I wanted to comment.

But when I hit the "post reply" at the end, a message appeared in red at the top of the reply box saying something about it not being an allowable quote. (Sorry, I can't remember the exact phrase now.)

I tried again later on, after shutting down and restsarting the computer, so during a different session.  Same result.

Does one now have to keep a quote in its entirety then?

Angela

This is the thread I was on
http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/4/1193121/ShowPost.aspx#1193121

I was just looking to add a throwaway comment to JR's 13h17 post.

Just tried again; same result.  [:(]

The red message that pops up below the "subject" box is: 
Message   Non matching quote blocks in post

I wondered if it was because I had started the truncated quote with three leading dots, but I have also tried removing them and it was no different.  I haven't yet tried replying by leaving the whole quote in untouched, I have to say.

Angela

J.R.'s apostrophe in his user name is not accepted by the software. To quote him, you have to remove it from the header tag which should read

quote user="J.R. gone native"

(inside square brackets [ ])

[quote user="Loiseau"]

I wondered if it was because I had started the truncated quote with three leading dots, but I have also tried removing them and it was no different.  I haven't yet tried replying by leaving the whole quote in untouched, I have to say.

[/quote]

The way I do this is to quote the whole thing and then delete some unwanted part or parts; making sure that the [ and ] with 'quote' inside them remain intact; or it just will not work.

Sue

[quote user="Clair"]J.R.'s apostrophe in his user name is not accepted by the software. To quote him, you have to remove it from the header tag which should read

quote user="J.R. gone native"
(inside square brackets [ ])

[/quote]

Ahh is that why people can't quote 'woolybanana's brother'?

Archived