Complete France Forum

Ikea Bordeaux - duvet covers?

LOL ! I've got French beds with French duvets/bedding, English-ditto, then Ikea who are a law unto themselves , well, Ok , Scandanavian   . The Ikea stuff is a different size and the pillowcases can be quite a challenge- I ended up buying their smaller rectangular pillows to fit the covers, plus of course French square pillows and covers and Uk pillows and covers. In answer to your question Zeb, yep, they do do some without the flappy bit[:)]

Thanks for that!

Was planning on buying a new duvet so that the cover will fit it, but now I'm not so sure and may wait for a trip to the UK, as I'll only have one cover to fit one duvet so will have to change duvet and the cover weekly and.....oh heck, life is too short.......

Will treat myself to something far more interesting instead!

I hate myself for asking this .. but ....... are French mattresses the same size as English?  i.e. will my fitted sheets fit a Kingsize French mattress?  We are bringing our own sheets, pillows, quilts & covers with us, to our rental - but reading this thread I suddenly wondered if it was worth my while bring the fitted stuff! 

Following on from that ...... if our mattress needs replacing - will it fit in our sleigh bed?!  Not so worried about the quilt covers - as the quilt will probably need replacing (along with the covers) in the not to far distant future (any excuse to buy new ones  [Www] !!)!! 

Archived