Complete France Forum

good day

egger

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote user="Cassis"]What you could do is buy a property inland and dig a large trench to bring the sea up to your front door.  Nip down the coast with a trailer, fill up with sand (look out for the gendarmes) and dump that outside your front door as well.   Presto - instant seafront accommodation in the location of your choice.  You could even buy a house at the end of a runway to solve your transport problems.
[/quote]

Cassis ...........

With this one and your one that followed, I reckon you've missed your vocation!  Love it.

As Miki said to Egger / Eggar in one of the other soppy threads, "Youre having a larf". (I trust I haven't misquoted him). 

baggy trousers, crabs what ever you have been drinking today, i will have a double. Right i have been told that most of you think i am fake, why do you think that. ok will go back to the start.

1. OWN HAIRDRESSERS, yes i have ran salon for 20 years, decided to rent it out, thought we could come out to france and see if we like it, (hubbys idea not mine).

2. HUSBAND MARTIAL ARTS INSTRUCTOR, for the past 40 years, he is now 62 so has decided to retire.

3. RENTING, yes we would like to rent somewhere near the coast, we dont mind where as we never been to france, (but it all looks nice to us).

4. SELLING HOUSE, we are selling are home because we wanted to move anyway, we are not buying in france, we want to try before we buy.

5. WALES, this is where i wanted to live, and its sounding better to me by the min lol

what else do you need to know? we have been married for 18 years, my hubby has 2 adult children, i have none. I come from very large family and we are all very close, i am going to find it very hard to leave them, thats why we trying before we buy.

NOw for my sense of humour, yes i agree it is strange, but some people do find me funny,(honest). I think that is enough for now, god need a drink after all that [B]

It's hard to take you seriously when you have such a strange way of writing and ask such strange things. Like your first post was about how to bring your shotguns into France for a 4 month visit (which later in the thread became a 3 month visit) for clay pigeon shooting, yet as a Clay Pigeon Shooter you had never heard of the CPSA and could not guess for yourself what it stood for. 

I thought it was all down to your "strange sense of humour"!  [:-))]

Apologies if you are simply misunderstood! [:D]

oh right, oh dear, will explain. hubby does the shooting not me (well i do go sometimes), it was him i was asking the question for. The first post was asking how we bring them in to france, i ment if we move there permanently. The 3 or 4 months was if we rented, would it still be ok to bring them in, if we didnt have a permanent home, the 3 to 4 months,  i got told ,it would take this long for a house sale to go through, so i was thinking it would be at least that long before we had a permanent home.

well what can i say about my writing, i know its not good, but i try my best.

Well, I think that you are going about it in the right way.

I came here on a whim and have been here fifteen years.

I know others who planned everything down to the last detail and went back to the UK after less than three years...

I might just go to Italy 'on a whim' some day soon.  I can always come back or go somewhere else that takes my fancy.

Some folk just don't understand us adventurers![:D]

I have to say, Egger, it's no time since you had to ask me how to make your first post, but you soon learnt how to add features and smilies to your messages!  Well done!  Now if only we could get the hang of the 'shift' key and find the full stop key, we'd be there!  [:)]

Cassis being a married man i would of thought you would understand how us women think by now, ask one question, then quickly follow by a totally unrelated question, ask a question about the first subject, then decide a totally new way of doing it, ask another question which has nothing to do with all of the above, find a third way to do it and ask questions which contradict all of first and second questions, and all of this on one breath with no need for commas. come on lad keep up[:D] 

Ps Egger I know where you are coming from.............there are so many questions to ask its hard to relate all of them to all people all of the time HEY

There are two words in the English language that I've always been word-blind to/of/at (interesting, what's the right preposition?) One is "martial" and the other is "shopfitting"..............I often wonder what would constitute a marital art, and I don't think shoplifters would advertise on the sides of their vans, but it makes no difference to my brain.............[8-)] 

Archived