Complete France Forum

Brits go home??? Is anti British sentiment growing now even in the far sw of France.

[quote user="Cat"]

Can the sanctimonious one, and the pompous one, please go back into their corners whilst cold sponges and soothing balm are administered. [blink]

OK, so assumptions were perhaps made (I assume) and faulty conclusions drawn... a misunderstanding, they happen.

I live in the SW of France, and I think that at around 8:50 tonight anti British sentiment will reach fever pitch (there, nicely back on topic).

[/quote]

sorry cat, I don't like being judged by someone who dosen't know who I am or what I do.

Going to be a great game tonight.

I'm past the point of caring who wins - just want a good hard game.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]But it wont be anti-British Cat, just anti the ENGLISH rugby team - and tomorrow, we'll all, French and English, be discussing the match in the local cafes and bars in St Cyprien and sharing a cup or glass of something commiserating with our chums whoever wins.[/quote]

Shh Tony, you've just exposed the one tiny fault in my topic swerve [:)]  But you are of course right, we'll all be chums tonight, and still be chums tomorrow, whatever the result.

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

If you live in east London the origin of the diminutive 'berk' is east London rhyming slang and it's short for 'Berkshire hunt'.

Go figure ...............

[/quote]

Good heavens!

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

If you live in east London the origin of the diminutive 'berk' is east London rhyming slang and it's short for 'Berkshire hunt'.

Go figure ...............

[/quote]

This is true and confirmed by the OED, which I suppose we can take as being an authority of sorts. So why "berk" should be considered generally as an inoffensive term I cannot say.

I was just trying to spin off from "Bad Bukrah" in a poor-quality punning kind of way. But it didn't really work.

Absolutely right, Iceni.

Personally, I rather failed to see the connection between this thread and the Gradiun article.

If France or indeed any other Continental European state fails to correctly control its borders and illegal migrants, it will finish up in the same parlous condition as the UK.

I'm sure we all know Brits who live by the skin of their teeth and, for whatever reasons, avoid approaching their French residency correctly and continue to duck and dive around regulations which are quite clear and specific.

I for one will be delighted when and if they are ejected since they do all the honest and up-front migrants from the UK a huge disservice.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

Personally, I rather failed to see the connection between this thread and the Gradiun article.

[/quote]

Maybe this might provide a connection - how is his treatment being funded?

"When police came to their flat in the northern town of Amiens in August, Ivan followed his father in escaping via the balcony. He fell four floors to the street below and into a coma. He has regained consciousness but is still being treated by doctors."

Archived