Complete France Forum

Electricity price rise much higher for those with TEMPO and pleines/creuses

NormanH

I am waiting for my bill to arrive Norman, it should be soon, and I will examine it in detail.

I wonder whether it will now be shown as TTC to make the task of comparison harder.

From your figures the increase in abonnement is not enough to bring a 1.9% rise up to 4.8%, neither do I think are taxes on taxes.

All should soon be revealed.

in any case dont forget that it will be going up by 20% within the next 3 years [6]. Its true, it was on the 8 O clock news, in the Connexion and it must definitely be true as I read it on a forum [;-)]

You certainly do pay taxes on taxes, ie VAT on the local taxes.

The main increase on the Heures Creuse tariff is the off-peak electric has increased by 9.3%. The ordinary day rate on HC has gone up by 4.3%.

If you only use about 6000 units per year then the reductions in the standing charge are sufficient to bring the increase back to the headline 1.9%. However the more you use the larger will be the average increase.

This gives a comparison.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xNnXCuHLF98/So2iVYmBdzI/AAAAAAAAAHs/ZtVPNuYg7pM/s1600-h/D%C3%A9composition+bar%C3%A8mes+base+et+HPHC+EDF.jpg

By the way the Edf site has always shown the rates TTC, or more accurately a typical rate TTC, because the local taxes do vary.

"From your figures the increase in abonnement is not enough to bring

a 1.9% rise up to 4.8%, neither do I think are taxes on taxes.

All should soon be revealed."

You are right. I should have said 4,58%

I repost my new calculation since people persist in ignoring my corrected version on the other thread.

I have just  re-calculated based on the bill 2008-2009

I

am quoting the prices given on that bill, and then assuming exactly the

same consumption for 2009-2010, but with the new tariffs published at

https://www.edf-bleuciel.fr/accueil/j-ai-besoin-d-energies/electricite/les-tarifs-electricite-141626.html

Last

year the tariff was quoted without local taxes or TVA, which since it

is charged not only on the consumption but even on the local taxes

really bumps the  final bill up. This is HT (hors taxes) below

This year the tariffs are quoted as all inclusive ttc (toutes taxes comprises)

below which is  a change I had not noticed in my original calculation,

and which made me think the price rise was far greated than in fact it

is.

Last year I used:

3956 kwh 'creuses' at 0,0471 euros giving a cost of  186, 33 euros HT  this year (0,0764 euros) this gives 290,37 euros ttc

4637 kwh 'pleines'  at 0,0802 euros giving a cost of  340, 36 euros HT  this year (0,1154 euros)  his gives 535,11 euros ttc

An

'abonnement' for 6 kVa of                                       94, 32

euros         this year                    102 ,15 euros

Total with no  taxes or extras included                         621 euros  HT                                              N/A                                               

With TVA local taxes etc I actually  paid                     887,04 euros                                                           927,63 euros ttc   

So the actual rise is 40,59 euros or 4,58%

Not very much, but more than double the EDF claim of 1,9 %

For once I am glad to find myself with egg on my face

Thanks to JR's gone native for pointing out the flaw.

It shows the usefulness of ' open source' working..

For Tempo users you have only to look what you used in kwH for the blue period last year, and replace with the new tarif

http://www.edf-bleuciel.fr/accueil/mon-quotidien-avec-bleu-ciel-d-edf/option-tempo-141090.html&onglet=5

In the same way as I have done.

[quote user="BJSLIV"]

You certainly do pay taxes on taxes, ie VAT on the local taxes.

I agree, I should have written "nor with the taxes on taxes"

The main increase on the Heures Creuse tariff is the off-peak electric has increased by 9.3%. The ordinary day rate on HC has gone up by 4.3%.

If you only use about 6000 units per year then the reductions in the standing charge are sufficient to bring the increase back to the headline 1.9%. However the more you use the larger will be the average increase.

But the standing charge is going up for the vast majority of customers having 6 or 9Kva

This gives a comparison.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xNnXCuHLF98/So2iVYmBdzI/AAAAAAAAAHs/ZtVPNuYg7pM/s1600-h/D%C3%A9composition+bar%C3%A8mes+base+et+HPHC+EDF.jpg

By the way the Edf site has always shown the rates TTC, or more accurately a typical rate TTC, because the local taxes do vary.

If the HP and HC have indeed gone up by as much as you say then my bill will go up significantly as I have a 6 Kva abonnement, the impending bill will get scrutinised!

I will have a look now at the blog you posted

thanks

[/quote]

"Ces "trappes tarifaires" concernaient en premier lieu les ménages ayant

une consommation d'électricité modeste, qui ont en conséquence subi les

plus fortes hausses.
Les augmentations de factures sont "d'autant plus

élevées que la consommation du site est faible", notait ainsi la

Commission de régulation de l'énergie (CRE) dans un avis rendu le 14

août."

"The price trap mainly concerns households with a modest consumption, who will suffer the highest rises"

This is what I have been trying to get over..

Archived