Complete France Forum

SHON

Gyn_Paul

I know this info is on the site somewhere but I'm blessed if I can find it. I've also downloaded it and stored it under some entirely unsuitable name on my hard drive so I'm forced to ask again...

Calculating taxable area of an attic I'm converting to add to the Td'H.

What is the headroom below which it's not counted. I think it's 2m10... an anyone confirm this please ?

p

[quote user="vickybear"]Remember, if you're bringing a staircase up there you can also discount the hole that the stairs leave in the upper floor![/quote]

Whoopee !

In fact, most of the 'rise' of  the stairwell is under the pitch of the roof, therefore already in the < 1m80 bit of the attic. I don't care though, I'm just so happy to be able to start pulling up 20 year-old fibreglass insulation and measuring where the Velux windows are going and discovering just how rotten the boards are !

Actually that last one is no bad thing as we have occasional skittering noises in the void between the bedroom ceiling and the attic floor so having to replace the floor means the opportunity to fix that particular area of access to tiny four-legs before anything else.

p

Archived